Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 05:57 PM

52 posts, read 50,588 times

Advertisements

So what is the official number for Savannah as of now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 05:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
[quote=Savannahbound19;55805199]So what is the official number for Savannah as of now?[/QUOTE

LOL. The last time you posted was Christmas Eve of last year. I guess you wanted to update your books or something.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:40 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Think in every shooting there is a common theme...

Felons in possession of a handgun or firearm... We need ATF to step in here & get those guns off the streets or legalize drugs.
ATF will not do a thing about it, that is a POLICE job........and to legalize drugs, would be the beginning of the end for this country, since it is already falling apart......

Old 07-31-2019, 09:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahbound19 View Post
So what is the official number for Savannah as of now?
The official number of homicides for the CITY OF SAVANNAH as of July 20, 2019 is 14

http://www.savannahga.gov/ArchiveCen...File/Item/4311

Of course that does not include homicides in unincorporated Chatham County or the 6 municipalities with their own police departments. The most recent homicide this weekend happened in Pooler (second one there this year).

Anybody who watches local TV news knows there's just as much (or more) violent crime just across the river in South Carolina where Jasper and Beaufort counties combined had 5 homicides during July when Savannah had just one. Just saying.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:14 PM

257 posts, read 470,284 times
https://fox28media.com/news/local/1-...-broad-streets

Middle of the day in that area. Unusual, but kudos to the construction workers.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:05 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,681 times
awesome for the construction workers. They deserve a commendation and some kind of reward. Ridiculous we don't execute murderers when it is not a question of who did it. If there is any doubt I would not support it, but however if it is in daylight and we know who did it... fry 'em. Nope perp will be out in 15 and who knows maybe do it again.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
awesome for the construction workers. They deserve a commendation and some kind of reward. Ridiculous we don't execute murderers when it is not a question of who did it. If there is any doubt I would not support it, but however if it is in daylight and we know who did it... fry 'em. Nope perp will be out in 15 and who knows maybe do it again.

SL You are a very smart person and I enjoy most of your input here but "executing murderers when it is not a question of who did it" needs you to think further. Seriously. I have been against this practice all my life and if you would check the data as to how many THOUSANDS are executed "where there was no question of who did it" I think you might change your opinion.

Think about it like this: It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. Its what you KNOW FOR SURE that just isn't so.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:17 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
ATF will not do a thing about it, that is a POLICE job........and to legalize drugs, would be the beginning of the end for this country, since it is already falling apart......
You do know ATF "Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms" are federal agents & this makes them police? Their main mission is to focus on the illegal sales & trafficking of firearms.

The war on drugs started in 1973, & we still have a war on drugs in 2019, 46 years later. It's not a war if it never ends. We need to explore alternatives to prohibition & deal with drugs from a health & harm reduction viewpoint.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:50 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
SL You are a very smart person and I enjoy most of your input here but "executing murderers when it is not a question of who did it" needs you to think further. Seriously. I have been against this practice all my life and if you would check the data as to how many THOUSANDS are executed "where there was no question of who did it" I think you might change your opinion.

Think about it like this: It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. Its what you KNOW FOR SURE that just isn't so.
okay well what about life in prison? But they better work 7 days a week making license plates or something. Seriously. No HBO and working out to get jacked; then getting out after 5 years of a life sentence to do it again or something like that which seems happens here all the time. I was venting. I'm open to ideas. But here is the problem- intentional murderers where ok it's like 99.999% certain they did it (ie here, in daylight; unless he has a clone) and they get paroled in a few years. How about they work for the public good inside the jail the rest of their life. Non violent offenders get way too much jail time but it seems like murderers get way too little

Old 08-09-2019, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
okay well what about life in prison? But they better work 7 days a week making license plates or something. Seriously. No HBO and working out to get jacked; then getting out after 5 years of a life sentence to do it again or something like that which seems happens here all the time. I was venting. I'm open to ideas. But here is the problem- intentional murderers where ok it's like 99.999% certain they did it (ie here, in daylight; unless he has a clone) and they get paroled in a few years. How about they work for the public good inside the jail the rest of their life. Non violent offenders get way too much jail time but it seems like murderers get way too little

I'll buy that. Agreed. Prison, under the" right" conditions, ie: solitary confinements for abusing the rules, is not exactly Club Med. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area