Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 AM

570 posts, read 1,340,950 times

Advertisements

Good morning! We have been considering relocation to a few different areas and Savannah is on the list. I have not been able to find much information about the availability of RN jobs in area (for experienced RNs, not GNs). I'm hoping some folks here would have some insight into the job situation for RNs in/around Savannah? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 09:19 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,102,279 times
Right now, not good. The two major hospital systems have been laying off nurses. Same with major practices, mostly in advance of Obama"care". It used to be easy to obtain nursing jobs here, not so much anymore.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Right now, not good. The two major hospital systems have been laying off nurses. Same with major practices, mostly in advance of Obama"care". It used to be easy to obtain nursing jobs here, not so much anymore.
Yikes that is disappointing! Thank you for your candor. I hope things improve there for yall soon.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:40 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
I haven't heard of anybody laying off nurses. In fact, there's a shortage of nurses statewide in Georgia, especially in specialized fields, like hospice, etc. Most nurses I know in Savannah make their own schedule / name their own price. Nursing / healthcare jobs are the most numerous to be found in the classifieds of the local paper savannahnow.com | Savannah Morning News | Savannah, GA source for Breaking Local News, Sports, Entertainment & Weather

Old 07-18-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I haven't heard of anybody laying off nurses. In fact, there's a shortage of nurses statewide in Georgia, especially in specialized fields, like hospice, etc. Most nurses I know in Savannah make their own schedule / name their own price. Nursing / healthcare jobs are the most numerous to be found in the classifieds of the local paper savannahnow.com | Savannah Morning News | Savannah, GA source for Breaking Local News, Sports, Entertainment & Weather

Newsboy, thank you, this made my day Savannah is a beautiful place that meets/exceeds all the criteria my husband and I were looking for. It is probably the one place he and I agree upon wholeheartedly. I sure was bummed at the idea of taking it off the list, lol! I will continue my research and cannot wait to get back there for another visit. Thanks again!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Glad to cheer your day. In fact, I know some nurses who work at BOTH hospital systems in town -- Memorial Health and St. Joseph's/Candler -- because the demand is so high. And of course, the routine sked here (as most everywhere) is 3 12-hour days per week, or weekends only (very common). Lots of overtime, too among those I know. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: