Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 09:56 PM

643 posts, read 846,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
If you had said 20 years ago that ANY of this would he happening in Pooler, Georgia people would have called you insane. It’s reflective of the dramatic change that’s taking place all across Georgia, especially the Atlanta suburbs.
Kemp will try to ensure the dramatic change that's taking place has no effect on the good ole boy politics when he draws the voting districts in 2020. I hope he gerrymanders it so bad that a lawsuit is filed like in NC and PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 09:16 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,277,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalGAGuy View Post
2010 was 9 years ago and counting. Since then, I'd hazard to say Pooler's grown quite a bit more diverse, still. It reminds me a little bit of the way diverse cultural groups can cluster in Atlanta metro (Buford Highway for Far Eastern culture, for instance). We've got a little boom town on our hands, in case you've been in town for less than 20 minutes.

Speaking of which, I ate at a Thai place in Pooler (Sawadee Ka) the other day, and it was pretty legit. A few weeks before that, the wonderful Splendid Shabu (asian hot pot place), and I've always liked the Indian buffet for lunch at Naan Apetit.
Indeed yes all of those are legit! Been to them all. Well except Naan but I went to the one on Broughton.
Glad to see more diversity and culture in Pooler. I wish they would encourage less sprawl and preserve more park and open space area. And of both kinds: multi-use for recreation and some areas of just forest and trail. They will probably regret it when it is too late. That is one thing both Savannah and the County do great at is acquiring and creating parks with long term vision.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:20 PM

450 posts, read 462,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
Indeed yes all of those are legit! Been to them all. Well except Naan but I went to the one on Broughton.
Glad to see more diversity and culture in Pooler. I wish they would encourage less sprawl and preserve more park and open space area. And of both kinds: multi-use for recreation and some areas of just forest and trail. They will probably regret it when it is too late. That is one thing both Savannah and the County do great at is acquiring and creating parks with long term vision.
I agree totally, I'm not talking high rises but some 5-7 story buildings would allow for more green space. Also, they really need a dog park. They have a lot of recreation park space, Rogers Street is expanding with another 70-80 acres they got from the county and bought from the railroad. The new park by the YMCA and the county Triplett park. I just think they need something other than a bunch of sports fields. Maybe a Splash pad, more kid activities, walking trails etc.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:43 PM

68 posts, read 88,738 times
West Chatham- north of Jimmy Deloach or south of Jimmy Deloach? Two very different worlds.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:49 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscgwsndiqz View Post
West Chatham- north of Jimmy Deloach or south of Jimmy Deloach? Two very different worlds.
Or arguably west of or east of at certain points. West is Bloomingdale and it’s still very quiet there. I’ve been saying for years, once Pooler is built out, it’s gonna boom there. Only a matter of time.

There’s already growth going on west and north of Bloomingdale anyway.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:09 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
I agree totally, I'm not talking high rises but some 5-7 story buildings would allow for more green space. Also, they really need a dog park. They have a lot of recreation park space, Rogers Street is expanding with another 70-80 acres they got from the county and bought from the railroad. The new park by the YMCA and the county Triplett park. I just think they need something other than a bunch of sports fields. Maybe a Splash pad, more kid activities, walking trails etc.
The oral surgeon on 80 in old Pooler just proposed a 3 story apartment building for his property, which backs up to a residential area. The homeowners expressed their displeasure, so it was a no go. The biggest thing in the homeowners favor was the fact that 80 is one way at that point, so the apartment traffic would route through the narrow, residential streets to get to the light at Rogers St to turn left.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:59 PM

450 posts, read 462,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The oral surgeon on 80 in old Pooler just proposed a 3 story apartment building for his property, which backs up to a residential area. The homeowners expressed their displeasure, so it was a no go. The biggest thing in the homeowners favor was the fact that 80 is one way at that point, so the apartment traffic would route through the narrow, residential streets to get to the light at Rogers St to turn left.
That's not a done deal yet. There were some issues but it still hasn't been brought to the city.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
That's not a done deal yet. There were some issues but it still hasn't been brought to the city.
According to one of the aldermen, the narrow roads not being able to support the traffic would be the biggest deal breaker, but they also don’t like to vote for things that make longtime residents unhappy.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:07 AM

I wasn't sure where to put this, but thankfully they will have two additional polling places in Pooler by November. My voting place is Rothwell Baptist Church, where folks line up for hours to get in.

I sort of like the convivial atmosphere on Election Day, but standing outside for hours doesn’t work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area