Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2020, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 757 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My daughter is planning a visit to Savanah to visit her cousin who lives there. My daughter will have her own hotel room and will be visiting outside primarily for just two evenings. They plan to order carryout and eat outside both nights...not go out. Just curious what the Covid outlook has been there. We are in MI and have seen cases lowered drastically. I hear Savannah is getting higher in cases, but is it bad? Is it still relatively low? Are people social distancing? I have health conditions so I am a little concerned. Any need to quarantine upon her return? (She lives with me.) Thanks!

Last edited by boppaid; 06-23-2020 at 11:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 07:25 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I think she will be fine, under those circumstances. Of course, the virus is everywhere, but Savannah is not one of the high incidence areas.

We operate almost normally here with social distancing and masks. The restaurants are operating under strict guidelines, and some have expanded outside dining. There is a lot to do outside here, between the historic squares, cemeteries and the beach.

For your peace of mind, your daughter could get tested when she gets back. I understand that the tests are easy to get now.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:49 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,277,188 times
it is definitely trending up though here. We are between FL and SC which are spiking. We will know in the next week or two if we are, after the July 4 holiday where people travelled.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:36 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I think that whenever anyone travels outside their immediate area, the herd immunity comes into play. New humans= new germs. I stay within my town, and I’m not about to venture to a new area. Especially now, when I’m facing surgery that is time sensitive.

I live near a tourist town, and I do not go there, because of tourists bringing in new germs, and then go home.

So far, this has proven to be effective. I have not been infected, and neither has my husband who works in a store, although without much customer contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: