Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 08:53 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,823,990 times

Advertisements

Going to be in Savannah for 3 days and was initially thinking of staying in the historic district but I heard it's too noisy. I would rather stay a bit away and drive down, park my car and explore the area then get out to a quieter part of town.

So question - what are the parking options near the river? I just don't want to drive down and start circling the area for hours looking for a spot.

Are there some decent parking garages? If so, are they reasonably priced?

Appreciate any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 06:00 AM

11,179 posts, read 16,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Going to be in Savannah for 3 days and was initially thinking of staying in the historic district but I heard it's too noisy. I would rather stay a bit away and drive down, park my car and explore the area then get out to a quieter part of town.

So question - what are the parking options near the river? I just don't want to drive down and start circling the area for hours looking for a spot.

Appreciate any info!
I can't imagine noise would be an issue unless you're staying right on the river. My wife and I went to, and stayed in, Savannah's historic district for our anniversary in December. We stayed several nights at Kehoe House, which is two blocks from E. Broughton St. and right on Columbia Square, and we noticed no noise at all. We also spent two days at Mansion on Forsyth Park without noticing any noise. In fact, we're going back there next week.

The best part of staying in the historic district is not having to drive around looking for parking every time you want to go out. But you may have to pay quite a bit for overnight parking. At Kehoe house it was only $20/night for a self-park lot a block away from the hotel; however, Mansion on Forsyth Park only offered valet parking for $35/night. But I'm from Miami where you can pay that much just to go to a club or restaurant downtown or on South Beach, so I'm used to such charges.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:52 AM

396 posts, read 420,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post

Appreciate any info!
Downtown noisy? Who told you that?

It has normal noises from traffic and the occasional music drifting out of a restaurant/club, but it's not a noisy place at all! Stay downtown and park at your hotel.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:56 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,823,990 times
Thanks for the feedback, looking at options in downtown, but since it's close to July 4th things are expensive and have to factor in the extra expense for parking so that will also be a determining factor. Hotels in midtown have free parking so that is a plus and it does seem like downtown has a fair number of parking garages for a reasonable price.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:33 PM

71 posts, read 78,559 times
Check for AirBnB’s. I know our neighbor has one that’s BEAUTIFUL. Down in Montgomery near the horse farm. They are out there, just look for some that are outside the downtown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: