Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 PM

147 posts, read 280,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
OK, I Googled "Ejaculate, KY" and came up with NOTHING ... except for a lot of links to visual stuff that will scar me for life.
oh my, dahling! It's not place, but a location!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 11:16 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,978,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
ok, i googled "ejaculate, ky" and came up with nothing ... Except for a lot of links to visual stuff that will scar me for life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah i've been there View Post
oh my, dahling! It's not place, but a location!!
lmao!!!!

Old 03-25-2014, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,385 times
Default abbeville sc

I was looking to come back home to the South from the Northeast after this winter and despite people thinking its a cultural wasteland, i miss the south a lot - so i thought about the home of my ancestors and came across this article which seriously disturbed me about seemingly perfect Abbeville SC. [url=http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2004/spring/the-abbeville-horror]‘Patriot’ Shootout in Abbeville, S.C.. Raises Questions About the Town’s Extremist Past | Southern Poverty Law Center[/url] At nearly 50, i haven't lived down south in almost 34 years and only knew it from annual visits to extended family throughout the deep south.

Any comments on Abbeville?

Maybe nearby Asheville is a better fit, but i was looking for old South versus Hillbilly hippie South. I used to live near Asheville and have been there many times in the 70's and 80's

comments from those who live near Greenville, Anderson, Abbeville and Washington GA would be appreciated.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
The "old South" is the racist South where gay folks were accepted as long as they stayed in the closet.

Why don't you simply come down to Savannah and rent a place for a year and see what you can figure out? It's not a cultural wasteland.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:41 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Charleston, SC is very gay friendly, I can name four gay clubs off the top of my head in the downtown area, all of which are really fun to hang at (even us straight guys!). When I was in my early 20's we had a progressive night club here which was about 80% gay, and from that I became life long friends with many gays here in Charelston. If you ever come visit, you gotta check out Dudley's and Club Pantheon. Good luck on your search.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:28 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,278,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermayor View Post
I was looking to come back home to the South from the Northeast after this winter and despite people thinking its a cultural wasteland, i miss the south a lot - so i thought about the home of my ancestors and came across this article which seriously disturbed me about seemingly perfect Abbeville SC. ‘Patriot’ Shootout in Abbeville, S.C.. Raises Questions About the Town’s Extremist Past | Southern Poverty Law Center At nearly 50, i haven't lived down south in almost 34 years and only knew it from annual visits to extended family throughout the deep south.

Any comments on Abbeville?

Maybe nearby Asheville is a better fit, but i was looking for old South versus Hillbilly hippie South. I used to live near Asheville and have been there many times in the 70's and 80's

comments from those who live near Greenville, Anderson, Abbeville and Washington GA would be appreciated.
I have been to Abbeville and it's a lovely downtown. Like Anytown USA circa 1955 as seen on TV (i.e. the "nice part"). Not sure about living there but the downtown is so nice. Greenville SC is nice too and big enough to support evenings out for fun downtown, and a good job in a variety of industries. Savannah is more progressive than Charleston IMO, they are similar but I think SAV might be a better fit. Aiken SC is just lovely, and lots of jobs up near Augusta and Sav River Site. Those are the only places I know of near here.. Also I traveled to Asheville a few times and it's really a really cool place. But I think all these other towns I listed have more jobs. Not sure, just guessing based on traveling in all of them and gauging visually the economic vibrancy.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:23 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
To update this thread for anyone looking beyond Asheville, Savannah or Charleston there are other smaller/smallish towns or cities in the South like Chapel Hill NC, Carrboro NC, Boone NC, Hendersonville NC (just south of Asheville), Charlottesville VA, Athens GA, Gainesville FL and Columbia SC that fit the term gay-friendly.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:06 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,278,117 times
Columbia SC is not that gay friendly. Ironic considering it's obsessed with Cоcks.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:25 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,710,164 times
I strongly recommend you hold on to your day job before considering a job as comedian or wordsmith. lol

Old 06-20-2016, 12:18 PM

37,889 posts, read 41,990,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
Columbia SC is not that gay friendly. Ironic considering it's obsessed with Cоcks.
I'd have to disagree. Columbia does pretty well for a Southern midsized city, scoring a very respectable 75 on HRC's Municipal Equality Index, higher than both Savannah and Charleston. Its Pride parade/festival dates back to 1989 and last year, attendance topped 35K. Its LGBT center opened in 1993 and was one of the first in the Southeast. These are all measures where Columbia easily outperforms more profiled gay-friendly Southern cities like Savannah, Asheville, and Charleston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area