Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 06:23 AM

737 posts, read 2,460,806 times

Advertisements

Something to consider if planning to move to Wilmington Island.
I can't say about the rest of Savannah, 'cause I don't know.

Be prepared to buy bottled water.
Or buy a Britta, Pur, or the like, pitcher for the 'fridge.
Or get a place with a filtering system already installed.
For your coffee.
For your iced tea.
Or just for a cold drink of water.
The water from the tap really tore me up when I got down heah.
Had gut problems for a few weeks until I found out the cause.
Now it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,192,866 times
Oh, Al!! I feel for you! The water out on the Islands, unless you have a shallow well pump, comes from the Florida Aquafier. I could be wrong, but it's the same source as all of the City. It does have a high mineral content that could be messing you up. I guess the rest of us have just adjusted to it gradually.

At any rate, the upset tummy is not a happy thing to have. Don't give up on your water. Most of us think it makes great sweet tea. hmmmm, maybe the water is why we use so much sugar in the tea. You think???

Old 12-15-2008, 08:15 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
I was thinking the same thing as Padgett2, but didn't want to be a know-it-all, as usual. Maybe it was something else. Our City water is pretty awesome. Now Tybee water, on the other hand, tastes salty.

Maybe your shack had bacteria in the pipes?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Oh, Al!! I feel for you! The water out on the Islands, unless you have a shallow well pump, comes from the Florida Aquafier. I could be wrong, but it's the same source as all of the City. It does have a high mineral content that could be messing you up. I guess the rest of us have just adjusted to it gradually.

At any rate, the upset tummy is not a happy thing to have. Don't give up on your water. Most of us think it makes great sweet tea. hmmmm, maybe the water is why we use so much sugar in the tea. You think???
I lived on well water for twelve years, with a high mineral content, and I never had a problem.
My cat developed FUS, but after $550.00 in vet bills, and some advice, he went on distilled water.

Moved down heah, and Ouch!
The chlorine level made my eyes tear.
But my teeth were shiny white.
And my skin felt cleaner after a shower then it had when I was on a well too.
I got me a Britta pitcher.
Use it for my coffee, and tea, and all is good again.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I was thinking the same thing as Padgett2, but didn't want to be a know-it-all, as usual. Maybe it was something else. Our City water is pretty awesome. Now Tybee water, on the other hand, tastes salty.

Maybe your shack had bacteria in the pipes?
It was the chlorine, and maybe some other chemicals, that they use in "City Water"?
Bacteria couldn't live in my water down heah on JMB.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 AM

236 posts, read 699,043 times
It hurts my head to read your posts.

Savannah water won best muni water a couple of years ago. That being said, my fridge in Savannah had a PUR filter...

Michael

Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 AM

Unhappy Michael...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapowermike View Post
It hurts my head to read your posts.

Savannah water won best muni water a couple of years ago. That being said, my fridge in Savannah had a PUR filter...

Michael
I spoke of Wilmington Island only.
I qualified my post at the very beginning.

And why, may I ask, does it "hurts my head" when you read my posts?
Have you tried not reading my posts?
Maybe that would help?

Just sayin', is all.

Last edited by Just Plain Al; 12-17-2008 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Add...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: