Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:29 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
That's what was said.
PUBLIX on Whitemarsh.
Have another cup of coffee.

Ps: My BFF lives in Battery Point.
Nice house...
Large yard...
And sketchy neighbores.
Hey, maybe we hit the jackpot -- Battery Point might be the MOST DIVERSE NEIGHBORHOOD in Savannah. It's got a little of everything and is in a reasonably good school district! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,621 times
My husband and I are looking to buy in Battery Point. There are some really good deals now (among horrible rundown shacks). Is it just hit-and-miss with who your neighbors will be? Can you describe the neighborhood a bit more.

Also, we are looking at a couple of re-done houses right over the bridge in Thunderbolt. How is that neighborhood (besides horrible Thunderbolt Elem)?

Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 AM

737 posts, read 2,459,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoliamay View Post
My husband and I are looking to buy in Battery Point. There are some really good deals now (among horrible rundown shacks). Is it just hit-and-miss with who your neighbors will be? Can you describe the neighborhood a bit more.

Also, we are looking at a couple of re-done houses right over the bridge in Thunderbolt. How is that neighborhood (besides horrible Thunderbolt Elem)?
B.P. is pretty much hit and miss.
My BFF has a great house and s***y neighbores.
She bought about eleven years ago, when all was still new.
It's the newcomers that have changed the tone of her street.
But I'm sure with a little cruising around you could find what would be most comfortable for you.

I, personally, like Thunderbolt.
It seems to be more of my kinda place.
Half way between The Islands and The City.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:56 PM

8 posts, read 21,129 times
Hows the market for lawn and landscape services in Wil Island?? Do people cut their own lawns? My lawn biz is located in an area of Ga. that is hard to get work. Too many lawn biz's and not enough people who use the service. Lots of do it yourselfers here.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:02 AM

737 posts, read 2,459,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar View Post
Hows the market for lawn and landscape services in Wil Island?? Do people cut their own lawns? My lawn biz is located in an area of Ga. that is hard to get work. Too many lawn biz's and not enough people who use the service. Lots of do it yourselfers here.
JMB is pretty much rentals.
A few lawn services around.
And most of the larger private homes off the beaten track are owned by older folks that spend their days riding around mowing.
Might wanna look in here...
http://www.islandsyellowpages.com

Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Quote:
Savannah has a multitude of lawn services, all the way from expert to terrible. And I expect that as economic things get worse, we will see more and more people doing their own lawns. It would not be a smart move to come here expecting it to be better than where you are.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 AM

970 posts, read 2,950,816 times
Quote:
I'd suggest going back to school & getting a degree in something in demand. Seriously.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM

413 posts, read 1,368,585 times
A lawn care business isn't exactly in high demand with the way the economy is. If people have to choose between food and housing or getting their lawn cut, guess which is put aside. I agree with gaflsc about going back to school & getting a degree in something that can earn you a living. Who knows when the economy will turn around and if it does will people go back to old spending habits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area