Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 AM

970 posts, read 2,956,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahgagirl View Post
well some of us enjoy very unique, fun restaurants like this. I knew I shouldn't waste my time on here with losers like you all. There are many, many people out there who love this restaurant ~ including me!
Must bow down to the expertise of Miss 3 posts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM

70 posts, read 337,109 times
Default Yay!

Wow, there seems to be some strong feelings on this one, however, I am very excited for this!

It is a classy place that is actually quite expensive. It is a very romantic way for two to enjoy a dinner, yet with a group is fun! The food is not bland at all (coq au vin is very flavorful!)- fondue is not your typical dinner. The whole method of cooking and eating it is an experience unlike your traditional dinner. It's no different than the Asians using chop sticks or the Japanese using hibachi! And there is nothing "germy" about it when you're COOKING your food! It is actually etiquette to take the food OFF of your fondue fork before eating it. Putting the fork in your mouth straight out of the pot and back again IS germy...that is like double dipping.

Savannahgagirl - thanks for sharing!! It's impossible to see/know every new place coming to town, so I'm thankful you shared this! It is a place hubby and I frequented in the city before moving here. We even own 2 fondue pots!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Oh, and be sure to check out the website for more info if anyone is interested! www.meltingpot.com

Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 PM

11,409 posts, read 24,510,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
It's not unusual that businesses, such as The Melting Pot, post a thread about how wonderful a place is instead of paying for advertising. Such ads are easy to recognise as they are almost always the first post that the writer has entered. If this isn't the case for you, I apologise. It happens so often that we long time posters recognise it for what it really is....advertising.
Looks like the Melting Pot has a history of using viral advertising such as this. I did a quick google search and found a woman's Linkedin profile that said she did exactly this kind of work on behalf of this restaurant. (I've removed her personal info)

Wouldn't surprise me if Miss 3 Posts was hired to do the same thing.

General Manager / Marketing Director
The Melting Pot

(Restaurants industry)

• Director of business operations
• Spawned viral marketing through the successful implementation of guerilla marketing campaigns, increasing interest, awareness and exploration of the brand.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:25 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,513,413 times
Never been there. Is it an acceptable/very good chain restaurant, or is it as crappy as The Cheesecake Factory??

Either way, the more restaurants in Downtown Savannah, the merrier.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:26 PM

737 posts, read 2,463,539 times
To our Secret Agent...

Old 03-19-2009, 06:02 PM

214 posts, read 901,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmolah View Post
Wow, there seems to be some strong feelings on this one, however, I am very excited for this!

It is a classy place that is actually quite expensive. It is a very romantic way for two to enjoy a dinner, yet with a group is fun! The food is not bland at all (coq au vin is very flavorful!)- fondue is not your typical dinner. The whole method of cooking and eating it is an experience unlike your traditional dinner. It's no different than the Asians using chop sticks or the Japanese using hibachi! And there is nothing "germy" about it when you're COOKING your food! It is actually etiquette to take the food OFF of your fondue fork before eating it. Putting the fork in your mouth straight out of the pot and back again IS germy...that is like double dipping.

Savannahgagirl - thanks for sharing!! It's impossible to see/know every new place coming to town, so I'm thankful you shared this! It is a place hubby and I frequented in the city before moving here. We even own 2 fondue pots!

I have eaten at The Melting Pot in another city and did not like it at all. The food was very bland to me and the dipping with everyone else is not my thing.

I have talked to many many people that have been also and the vast majority of them shared the same feelings as me.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:03 AM

8 posts, read 22,622 times
We have a Melting Pot here in San diego. You either like it for the uniqueness or hate it for the cost and time.

It takes a long time to actually eat dinner as you are cooking every bite you eat. Fry items in oil or the healthy alternative boil in broth. We sat for almost two hours from cheese appetizer to dessert.

I would go back for just a dessert fondue. Less expensive option and yummy choclate fondue.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:48 AM

737 posts, read 2,463,539 times
"We have a Melting Pot here in San diego."

You are from San Diego?
How ~KEWL~.
Now there's two of us.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG3 View Post
I have eaten at The Melting Pot in another city and did not like it at all. The food was very bland to me and the dipping with everyone else is not my thing.

I have talked to many many people that have been also and the vast majority of them shared the same feelings as me.

To each their own...and your vast majority might be someone else's vast minority! We have friends that just love it, so it just depends. I'm in the vast minority when it comes to grits and collard greens, but hey, I'm the transplant here, so I just know not to order it! That's the great thing about this world - we're all different!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area