Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM

688 posts, read 2,836,459 times

Advertisements

Just interested to know what are the locals' favorite things to do around town and interesting tid bits I should know; also tell me some things about the beach on Tybee Island or do I refer to it as "Savannah Beach"? Is it very pricey to go out on the charter boats crabbing or fishing? What about the first Fridays/Sat. of the month on River St. I heard something about that too. I want to know these things because I think we'll be moving there. I am in my very early 30's and so is my husband and we have a daughter who is 6 and one who is 9months. So kid friendly attractions as well as mommy and daddy night out stuff is all welcomed! We've been looking into either Savannah or Jacksonville/St. Augustine area.....any thoughts on Brunswick also???

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 03:10 PM

Doesn't anyone have anything for me??? Please????
Thanks a bunch!

Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Oooh, patience, patience, some of us have to go out in to the real world occasionally.

Yes, the beach is just grand. You call it Tybee. There are charter boats at Lazaretto Creek and on Wilmington Island. Prices vary. I prefer inshore salt water fishing from a small boat in the autumn. There are also larger vessels that go offshore. If you pm me and I'll get out my phone book and give you a couple of recommendations.

There are frequent festivals in Savannah both on River Street and in Forsyth Park. March and October seem to be the peak months. You should start reading the local paper, savannahnow.com, their entertainment section is called Diversions. Also read Connect Savannah, an entertainment paper, at connectsavannah.com.

Based on that little bit of info you'll be able to find plenty to do.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM

726 posts, read 3,603,836 times
Quote:
the locals' favorite things to do around town
http://www.wtoctv.com/global/video/p...8&rnd=67943834

Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Awesome, thanks you all!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:58 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times
go on the Ghost tour Savannah is supposed to have some very interesting ghosts

Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM

233 posts, read 1,227,271 times
I saw one of those ghost tours.....people riding in a hearse. They have chairs inside the hearse so that you sit with your heads through a hole in the roof. Too funny. The driver looked a little scary....

Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
While I am not a native we LOVE to vacation in Savannah and stay on Tybee. The dolphin tours are nice, the little one might even get a little nap as the boat is so soothing We always reserve a day for a trolley tour and cruising the city and cemetaries. Sounds SO touristy but they are very informative and fun. You wouldn't believe the history. Then on another day, hit River St for shopping and eating. The riverfront is nice and you can catch a little boat to the other shore for free. Tybee is an excellent family place. Few teenagers and the little town practically shuts down at 9pm so you are not awake all night listening to traffic and horns. Oh and there is only 1 pizza delivery place and you can bet it's GREAT. You might want to rent "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" before you go. Those places are really there and it's a good movie too! Don't forget Lady Chabliss! Enjoy your vacation.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 AM

726 posts, read 3,603,836 times
Quote:
do I refer to it as "Savannah Beach"?
never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, ever

They tried to change the name once

Old 04-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Thank you! That is good to know! lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, ever

They tried to change the name once
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area