Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 02:55 AM

40 posts, read 103,547 times

Advertisements

I have been reading reviews and one particular apartment complex raaised my eyebrow a little. The reviews on The Oaks at Wilmington Island seem to scream high water bills...Are these legitimate complaints, or are the water utilities high all around the Savannah area? ANy other things I should be aware of while conisdering Savannah as a place to live?

Thanks Everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 AM

182 posts, read 711,429 times
Keep in mind that Savannah sends out it's water bill bi-monthly. I dont know why, but they do.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
water bills also include a fee for sewage that is based on the amount of water used. The people that insist on watering the lawn everyday, even when it rains, have huge water and sewage bills. Those that rely more on Mother Nature to keep the lawn green, do better.

Don't get a place that has an automatic watering system based on time of day. Some subdivisions have that sort of system and the property gets watered whether it needs it or not.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:17 PM

40 posts, read 103,547 times
Default Hmmm...don't quite understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
water bills also include a fee for sewage that is based on the amount of water used. The people that insist on watering the lawn everyday, even when it rains, have huge water and sewage bills. Those that rely more on Mother Nature to keep the lawn green, do better.

Don't get a place that has an automatic watering system based on time of day. Some subdivisions have that sort of system and the property gets watered whether it needs it or not.
So, if I were to go to a Townhome community...if I were only using a little bit of water (to do dishes, cooking, etc) my water bill should be ok?? Or does it still depend on what the community does as a whole? I don't quite understand. I only ask because on one community in particular (The Oaks at Wilmington) had a reputation of having extrememly high water bills. And, although it is a very nice looking place, I don't want to end up anywhere where I am going to get slammed with outrageous water bills.

Thanks

Old 10-29-2009, 04:58 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Why don't you call them and ask? Get something in writing before you rent?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:23 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Good question. and Ellie has the right answer. I looked at their site and they mention "oversized European style garden tubs" in the baths. So, I imagine that someone could really run up a bill if they took advangtage of this. Especially if they had to bath children.

I am not familiar with that complex. I don't think I have ever seen it. But judging by the promotional pictures.....it's ugly!!! You can get many places that at least look better.

However, it's in a nice area. I think I would put it on the bottom of the list of places to check out.

That swimming pool looks wonderful! Maybe the residents have to pay to help fill it.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:28 AM

38 posts, read 147,001 times
I hate to sat anything because I haven't moved there yet, (2 weeks from today!) but when I toured that complex, spoke to management and read many reviews, I was a bit worried about the water billing as well as other issues. I decided to stay away from The Oaks and go with another complex on Wilmington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: