Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times

Advertisements

I will be taking a trip for a few weeks and will need daily internet access during that time approx 45 hours a week for work. Don't want to go to the library or coffee shop all day to use their internet.

Want to get a mobile broadband 'stick' device (not a wi-fi hotspot). Looking to get the no-contract device.

The only no-contract I see so far is T Mobile. Looks like the device is approx $60. Then you buy service, which they call passes, I think. Looks like 1 week or 1 month passes and the GB allowed can alter the price. Looks like 1 month is $25 or $35 or $50 depending on GB. I am not sure if the device cuts off all access when you reach your allotment, or if it simply slows the speed drastically.

Anyone use these devices for no-contract service. What other carriers are out there and how are their rates? I don't want the wi-fi device because they need charging...where the sticks are smaller and don't need charging.

Looks like there is a company called Clear that has a good deal but they don't have coverage in the NE Indiana metro area where my trip will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology