Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 03:14 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times

Advertisements

Of course it was hacked.

The most common comment is that if someone wanted to go through all the trouble to break into an iPhone with a fingerprint reader, then there were bigger problems to worry about.

That thinking is fine until you do really think. No one wants to go through the trouble to get some personal information from someone who lives a mundane life, has a 9-5 job that requires no access to sensitive information, or would they? Who wants to break into some teenagers new iPhone5s?

You see, the way it really works is that an access to one device leads to access of other devices or information that can be used for something no one ever thought about.

The hack wasn't developed to steal your cooking recipes unless you are Martha Stewart and that special brownie recipe is really that special.

The hack was developed because it works on the iPhone5s and anyone could have one and they might actually have more than their links to Facepuke, Twits and linked-up. in the phone. They might have a contact list that is really interesting or worse, they might have a downloaded customer list including lots of private information on lots of people, like maybe YOU in that phone. What, you thought that only happened with using laptops? Check the storage capacity of said iPhone and that is a lot of data.

I also laugh when you read about how someone says no one wants to break into their iPhone. No kidding, they aren't the target and never were. I guess if you think you're the only one in the world that might buy the iPhone5s that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 07:18 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
I always laugh at fingerprint access. They talked about it for cars and my first thought was, "They used to grab your keys. Now they'll cut off your fingers."

Old 09-22-2013, 07:21 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Can you imagine the stolen phone on eBay?

Pic of a phone with an amputated finger next to it.

"Unlocked"

Old 09-22-2013, 08:28 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
Y'all are about ten years behind the times. One of my competitors had it for his software, and IIRC one of the makers (Gateway?) had something similar. Security, as interpreted by the public, is laughable at a minimum. Sometimes it is hilarious.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I always laugh at fingerprint access. They talked about it for cars and my first thought was, "They used to grab your keys. Now they'll cut off your fingers."
Awaiting the news article that says "Finger Hacked.... literally"

Old 09-23-2013, 05:34 AM

43,278 posts, read 77,083,054 times
You Can Lock the iPhone 5S With Your Nipples [VIDEO]

Or they cut off your nipples....

Old 09-23-2013, 11:31 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It took a long time. I'm guessing the phone was looking for a female breast and got confused. I know if I was going to scan a nipple for security I'd not be wanting a male nipple in my face.

Will this rival breast feeding as the next female activity that garners too much interest in public?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:46 PM

43,278 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
It took a long time. I'm guessing the phone was looking for a female breast and got confused. I know if I was going to scan a nipple for security I'd not be wanting a male nipple in my face.

Will this rival breast feeding as the next female activity that garners too much interest in public?
Oh, to be sure, Sir, it has already garnered too much interest in public.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,698 times
Quote:
I always think back to this article...

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Malaysia car thieves steal finger

Old 09-24-2013, 01:56 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,581 times
I'm actually looking forward to trying this...

Adorable Chihuahua secret agent opens iPhone 5s with his paw. Chihuahua | iPhone 5s | adorable - YouTube

My 64gb 5s will be here Thursday... and I have a Chihuahua.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology