Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:27 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,093,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflower View Post
Need_Affordable_Home, I don't mean to offend but you truly do seem to be living in fear of anything and everything that can possibly damage the human body.

We all face many health risks in everyday life, some large and some small. There's a tremendous difference between indulging in reckless behaviour (taking drugs, smoking, excessive drinking, playing sports without the proper protective equipment, et cetera) and the POSSIBLE but statistically UNLIKELY complications of normal human life. Even though you don't believe or apparantly want it to be so, "normal human life" does include sex and childbirth!

Mating for recreation is considered "risky behavor" you can google that up. Drink, smoke, drugs, mate all bad for you. "normal human life" consists of procreational mating between two lovers or married spouses! The problem is too many people dont choose the right time to mate and they pay the consequences. Once we have the technology to grow test tube babies, mating will be obsolete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Have you ever been told dont believe everything you read? Dont drive a car, you can die in an accident, dont fly, you could crash, dont drink pop could cause cancer, dont go outside you can get kiled in a drive by, the sun causes cell phones and computers cause brain tumors and cancer meat causes heart attacks on and on and on. It isnt going to kill me. I have been with my husband 16 years hasnt hurt me yet!!! You need to get out, you are missing your life. My kids as worth every amount of pain I went through, god "supposibly" gave me the gift, why shouldnt I use it. Why havent you read all the benefits of sex? Cause you are out looking for only the bad, and I am sorry but that isnt anyway to spend your life when you could die any minute.

Driving is a neccessary to get to point B, so is flying. I dont drink pop/soda. I look both ways before crossing. I stay out of the sun as much as possible. I eat mostly white meat. Yes I need to get out but to date, not mate! The benefits of mating is to create new life but you already know I dont want children. You wanted children so you mated and thats fine. Children are god's blessing and god gave you this gift and your using it well. When test tube technology comes, women can have children without the risk of pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post

Walking burns 153 calories. I am underweight and dont want to get any skinnier! Fragrance candles reduce my stress. The gym gives me muscles.

"Because men have so much testosterone, they seem obsessed with genitals, intercourse and ejaculation, but appear to care less for romance and foreplay-touching, hugging, cuddling, eye gazing, etc."

Romance, cuddling, holding hands, slow dancing is exactly what I care about!

“anything that promotes feelings of love and intimacy is healing”

So ill cuddle with any sweet woman that feels like it

"Part of this has to do with the positive effects of touch, what Dr. Crenshaw refers to as Vitamin T. The chemical composition of your body is changed by touch. Caressing, hugging, stroking, cuddling send a chain reaction of chemicals to signal your brain that this is pleasurable, nurturing, good."

Must be why I love cuddling! Thats a good scientific basis that explains it

http://www.forbes.com/2003/10/08/cz_af_1008health.html

The penis, says Eid, is wonderfully resilient. But everything has its limits. Penile tissues, if given too roistering or prolonged a pummeling, can sustain damage. In cases you'd just as soon not hear about, permanent damage.
"If you do not allow the penis to rest, then the muscle tissue does not get enough oxygen. The individual gets prolonged erections, gets decreased oxygen to tissue, and could potentially suffer priapism." (We recommend you get a medical encyclopedia and look it up.) "The muscle becomes so engorged, it's painful. Pressure inside starts to increase. Cells start dying. More pressure and less blood flow. Eventually the muscle dies. Then there's scarring. That's why it's considered an emergency."

http://www.sexinfo101.com/sh_benefits_3.shtml (broken link)

Be careful http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/44401/ (broken link)
Mate too much and youll have brain damage.

http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/58316.html (broken link)

Now a new book on this not-so-new subject is drawing fire in some quarters for its conclusion: Hookups can be damaging to young women, denying their emotional needs, putting them at risk of depression and even sexually transmitted disease, and making them ill-equipped for real relationships later on.

Quote:
You need to get both sides. While yes you can get a disease, if you are careful like I have been, you will greatly reduce your chances. I couldnt find one thing on the internet that said sex was bad for you. But did find alot on people that were scared of sex, which I think you are, and for the last time, it isnt mating, we are not wild animals. There is nothing wrong with woman being pregnant, to think that is wrong, it is the way nature intended,there are more benefits to sex than negatives, you just have to experience it to realize it. If fact I saw plenty that said there was something WRONG with a person that had no desire for it, and they should seek medical help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_aversion_disorder

I found many articles stating that *** can be harmful physically, emotionally, biologically and spiritually. I read about the health benefits but with substitutions that are more healthy, why do ***? I know there is nothing wrong with pregency in the contex of two married, ready partners starting a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
As nea has pointed out there are many benefits to having sex. For one they have said many times that it actually HELPS headaches. Shhh, don't tell everyone that . But it does make sense. It has to do w/ the blood in the body/brain and how it helps relieve the pressure. BTW, it does work . If I told my husband that he could no longer have sex because of the risk of penile injury I'm pretty sure his response would be something like, "okay. It can rest in a sling for a few days then be back to work". I've had more injuries from going out to get the mail than I have had from sex and pregnancy/childbirth. The only "injury" I've experienced in sex is, um sore muscles . Yet I've had to have stitches in a knee and torn ligaments from falling going to get the mail. Don't ask .

I will seek alternatives to get my benefits. I have been told by those who smoke saying it relaxes them. Sure smoking may have a few benefits but the harm is far more numerous. *** very well may offer some benefits but at what expense? Risk for STDs and unwanted pregnancy? Physical injury?

Oh and *** causes headaches:

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00645.html (broken link)

I will post this in the health thread because thats where its more approperate for this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Wow I get headaches a lot! One more plus to have ssseeexxxxxx. haha!
OMG you could get brain bleeding and strokes resulting in death! Please read the above article, check the health forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
NAH,

Following guidlines intended to keep youngsters from getting in over their heads sexually, I think you have so convinced yourself of the awfulness of what is a god given pleasure, that you will have an impossible task adjusting if you do marry. Your psyche has seared this position in to a damaging, inflexible degree.

Real life is a sloppy affair. It's important to have values, but turning away from good reality is a bad choice. There is a saying by one religious philosopher that god will hold us to account for wonderful things that he gave us that we choose to ignore.

I will never marry, dont worry. For those who choose to marry and procreate, its a wonderful god given thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Sorry dude, but this is not your case, I read up on this in wikipedia...you are none of the above. It is clear that your opinions on sex are not because you don't have an attraction or desire but that you find it all repulsive and dirty and unhealthy and physically damaging and all other sorts of wierd explanations. This is entirely different than what you are professing to be. Also, you talk about 'cuddling' all the time. What would be the purpose? Your above expalanation of what you think you are would not have a desire to cuddle, especially when you speak of cuddling with woman. You are attracted to curvy women!! You can not be any of the above. You have made up your mind that you are normal because you think you fall into this a...ual cateogry, but in fact, there is something not right about your view of sex. Something VERY not right. You need to get out, like one person suggested. Throw that computer out the window and get out amongst the real world!!!!!!!!!!!

It goes both ways. Not only do I have no desire, I find every reason wrong with recreational mating. Test tube technology will allow virgins to have children and women need not experience pregnancy as the babies are grown in tubes(see pics in first post)

Cuddling has many purposes, I mentioned it and will mention again.

"Part of this has to do with the positive effects of touch, what Dr. Crenshaw refers to as Vitamin T. The chemical composition of your body is changed by touch. Caressing, hugging, stroking, cuddling send a chain reaction of chemicals to signal your brain that this is pleasurable, nurturing, good."

I think people only want to read and believe what they want to hear.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:42 PM

669 posts, read 3,195,434 times
NOBODY has confirmed your stupid idea that "mating will be obsolete", and now you state is as fact?

Old 03-23-2007, 08:54 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,397,528 times
I could get brain bleeding! Isn't that the way to die? Getting it on! OH YEAH!

Die with a BIG grin on my face!

Old 03-23-2007, 08:56 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,554,636 times
My mommy told me not to touch myself in that special place but i did it anyway

Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
DONT DO THAT YOU COULD GO BLIND! I'm living proof! I can hardly see without my glasses... But that's assuming I've been making myself happy since 4th grade... Which I haven't. *ahem*

So on to other news.

Pie is good yes?

Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,553,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
<text deleted to save mating time>

I will agree to "mate" using helmets with me and my female friend .
NAH, you are really a riot! I loved this thread! First, NAH, men are already using their "helmuts" to mate, DOH!!

Second, folks, NAH is a good kid. I read a sci-fi book once that was about UFO's using human DNA because their race was dying. Maybe NAH is our very own half breed human/"gray" love child!

Just kidding NAH. Stay chaste, kid. And keep your nose in the books. Someday we will all say we knew him when...

Reminds me of my days in my early 20's when I used to read OMNI magazine.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,554,636 times
Hows that song go if your happy and you know it clap your hands lol, i just sit closer to the moniter lol.

Yes pie is also good, it's the crust you have to watch for though

Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,742,845 times
Default Gee, I can't believe this is still going on

Why do I see that Heavens Gate cult thing lurking in the background.

http://answers.org/cultsandreligions/hgate.html

Where is the giant Mothership???

Somewhere there is this feeling of M. Jackson too.

At least Bo and Peep or Do and Ti might have mated, or hoped too in the next World. They might be doing it now. He had least had some qualifications as a mental patient. Marshall Applewhite, no wonder that dude changed his name and all his arguments made sense.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 PM

TWO, FOUR, SIX, EIGHT, what do we all appreciate?

Orgasms! Orgasms! YEAAA ORGASMS!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:31 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,742,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
Yeah, you can get sore rubbing that spot behind your ear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology