Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 07:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,708 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I've been scouring the internet for feedback about the Broadstone Domaine apartments in Seattle (Westlake/East Queen Anne area) and have come up empty handed. I know that they were originally intended to be condos and they were purchased by Alliance Residential last year and have only been open as apartments for a short time.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I've found the leasing office to be much less responsive than I'd like. Unfortunately I am not in Seattle and will not be able to make it over there until the day on which I'm supposed to sign the lease and take possession, which means that I can't really go visit and form my own opinions of the place. The website looks good, and I've seen photos of the actual unit that they are offering me, but I would feel a lot better hearing some feedback from anyone who has had experience renting with them (or opinions about Alliance/Broadstone in general) or has been to the building.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 AM

4 posts, read 12,083 times
Default Domaine Apartments - Leasing / Renting

I just found your post. I wish I could have been available to you before you "might" have signed your lease. I live at the Domaine and have for 10 months, through past and present management. Here is my feedback

1. Good news - change of management
2. Bad news - same old same old . . .

I went without a working oven for 9 months and just got a replacement. I wrote letters, went to the leasing office on NUMEROUS occasions, and finally just got one. My microwave went dead and they replaced that about a week later... only without that for three months.

The issues here are slowly being addressed - but one huge problem that they just don't care about is the parking situation... there is absolutely NO PLACE for anyone to park here. When we signed the lease we were told two of the top garages would be for future residents and guests... so we would always have something available.... NOT TRUE... they converted the first one into paid parking (monthly) and now the second one is filled with cars...... this is a dead end street that backs onto 99 - NO WHERE to park. Good luck on anyone ever visiting you - they would have to walk up a pretty long elevated stretch of road before getting to the Domaine.

They used to allow residents to tow residents here - that was fun. . . NOT exactly legal - but they did it. The city of Seattle never checks this street parking here, so the 6 street parking spots are always full of permanent cars that NEVER move.... this is a very small dead-end street.

On busy days, you cannot get in or out of the driveway - due to the build up of drivers getting on and off of 99.

There are two pieces to the Domaine, the one you talk to (usually friendly) and then the one you live with. . . cannot wait to move

There are so many more options - I would use the Domaine as a last resort.

The driveways into the two main garages have ramps that lead into them, pretty steep - no one of course did any salt or sanding - in fact no one in management even showed up... so cannot get my car out of the garage yet! (Winter tip)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area