Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 07:01 AM

12 posts, read 51,223 times

Advertisements

So this originally started out in the city vs city thread where it quickly changed into a single city topic due to certain circumstances, so I thought it would be best to start a thread here to get more attention.

I plan on relocating to Seattle or anywhere that isn't too far from the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (since I'll be working there). This would be for someone who is single and with pretty low standards. What I mean by that is, I'm not looking for anything flashy or whatever. I just need something to help me get situated. I've done some quick research online to get an idea of different rates for apartments within the city itself and seen some go as low as ~650-700. I'm currently living in Central Florida and the rates seem to be the same so I'm not too worried about whether or not I'd be able to survive out there with my income. I know some apartments here offer the first month or even second month free and thought that would be nice if anything like that was offered there. I'd be starting off at ~$25k-$30k which really isn't much but, I have an easy time saving money since outside of work, I really have no life. And I'm also thinking long term with this company who also offers career advancement opportunities.

What would be some areas to check out inside/outside Seattle? Or are the rates practically the same everywhere? Around $750 seemed to be the average for small studios so I really don't expect to see anything significantly lower but, I was just hoping to get some input on this. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:08 AM

1,630 posts, read 3,885,350 times
My suggestion - live somewhere along the light rail corridor. Easy to and from work.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:30 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,876,110 times
If you're working at the airport and indiscriminate taste, you might as well check out the apartments off 176th St and 32nd Ave S in the Bow Lake area. There are many many apartment options within walking distance to the airport. There's something like 8 different apartments off that streets. An easy walk down the hill to the airport. You'd have the Light rail at the airport to take you to the Downtown area.

With a bit of a drive (abt 5 mins or so), you can also rent off Orillia RD/S 212th PL, they actually have these nice apartments in the Valley Ridge that start at $553/mo. So it could be possible to rent a place a bit lower than your current price range.

mod interpose: thread closed as per request by OP (modified request).

Last edited by scirocco22; 12-07-2010 at 11:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area