Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:03 PM

88 posts, read 311,100 times

Advertisements

Thanks godhead, I will definitely stop by there on my next visit.

Coincidentally, I bought some wine at a shop nearby:

La Buona Tavola - Italian Gourmet Food and Wine Products

a few years ago while visiting. Delightful place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 06:33 PM

217 posts, read 561,757 times
I never knew that was there, I'll stop in. Thx
Speaking of foody food stuff
I was at the market during lunch and picked up bockwursts, knockwursts and bratwursts at the Bavarian Butcher for the 4th of July BBQ.
mmm-mmm, nothing says independance day like German sausages!

Last edited by godhead; 07-01-2011 at 06:46 PM..

Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 PM

542 posts, read 1,479,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthteller777 View Post
Im Italian from NYC....after ten long ass years in the the most standoffish city in America...I am heading back east for ever!!.....We call it little Scandanavia....Seattle.....and no pal....there are ZERO italians in Seattle...and to be honest pal....they are a tad sheltered here in Seattle...and they are not terribly fond of Italians...especially the NY type.....sorry to say.....good luck though...
truthteller speaks...well...the TRUTH!...Seattle is VERY limited in ethnic diversity of any kind, although it likes to call itself OPEN to such....you may find a few specialty stores here and there, but as far as the neighborhoods and culture, zilch....I grew up on the east coast (DC area), then lived in Seattle for 12 years and am now in NYC....the diversity and realness of people is so refreshing.......in an ideal world I would take the weather, beauty and nature of Seattle and combine it with everything else in NYC; that would be heaven.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:10 AM

17 posts, read 28,002 times
To be rather honest........I have never encountered more flaky, standoffish, introverted anti-social types in my life.....I love the city of Seattle...the low crime, natural beauty, lack of ghettos, and those darned killer mountain ranges....but it was the loneliest place on earth for this Italian NY'er....most people in Seattle get their notions of Italians from TV....show like the Sopranos....they are sheltered here!...Don't care how many college degrees they have...or how intellectual and progressive they may fancy themselves as being......women here are awfully pompous and very non-flirtatious and overly serious....this city has horrible demographics for single men to single women......even the most unattractive women get dates in Seattle....and so on. Hot women are next to impossible to meet in Seattle...where in Nashville, NY, Texas, Chicago, and so many other cities,... they are not nearly as tough as they are in Seattle!!!! Mark my words!!! Lots of lonely single men in Seattle shooting hard, competing for table scraps. Women here know they got it made. Trust me on that. They carry themselves accordingly. This is not the city to be single in. I have much easier times in other cities,.....times ten!!! Seattle is a very nice city...but not for everyone.....I could not wait to leave!!...

Old 07-07-2011, 01:19 PM

217 posts, read 561,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthteller777 View Post
To be rather honest........I have never encountered more flaky, standoffish, introverted anti-social types in my life.....I love the city of Seattle...the low crime, natural beauty, lack of ghettos, and those darned killer mountain ranges....but it was the loneliest place on earth for this Italian NY'er....most people in Seattle get their notions of Italians from TV....show like the Sopranos....they are sheltered here!...Don't care how many college degrees they have...or how intellectual and progressive they may fancy themselves as being......women here are awfully pompous and very non-flirtatious and overly serious....this city has horrible demographics for single men to single women......even the most unattractive women get dates in Seattle....and so on. Hot women are next to impossible to meet in Seattle...where in Nashville, NY, Texas, Chicago, and so many other cities,... they are not nearly as tough as they are in Seattle!!!! Mark my words!!! Lots of lonely single men in Seattle shooting hard, competing for table scraps. Women here know they got it made. Trust me on that. They carry themselves accordingly. This is not the city to be single in. I have much easier times in other cities,.....times ten!!! Seattle is a very nice city...but not for everyone.....I could not wait to leave!!...
Oh sure, it's got to be all those hundreds of thousands of unattractive women plotting against you. I'm sure they talk about you at their secret meetings.
Have you ever stopped to wonder why you feel so lonely?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:53 AM

12 posts, read 29,648 times
I love it here but I do miss having access to an Italian neighborhood. The one thing I liked about living back east for a while was the food. Providence and Boston have great delis. I particularly liked Federal Hill in Providence. What a fun area.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:24 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
I just find it funny that sekhmet and truthteller are the same person and posting double in a thread to make themselves sound/look more important and/or artificially giving a troll confirmation, hoping others will buy it. The punctuation is a dead giveaway man, at least do it right for chrissakes.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,666,349 times
Whatever. To each his own. Seattle is not for everyone. Yeah, it is somewhat disturbing that one needs to make a point of all the negatives before leaving, but if it gets it off their chest, then so be it. Seattle will continue to be an attractive city for many, and one level of a city becoming mature and confident is to just dismiss these type of posts and focus on the positives. I think Seattle is making progress in this area, but we tend to still get just a bit too defensive.

Last edited by pw72; 07-12-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area