Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times

Advertisements

Wife and I are visiting in late February, probably for a Thursday to Sunday. I know the weather isn't the best at this time, but what suggestions do you have? We are 50-ish, like good food, great beer, we're active. Haven't chosen hotel nor have we decided on a rental car or not. We will be in the Key Arena Feb. 26 for Eric Clapton.

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 AM

Wow. No help, huh?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:55 AM

615 posts, read 1,076,005 times
Well, February is probably the worst month to visit Washington. It's dark when you get up, and dark by 5:00pm. It will be cold and wet the entire time and there's nothing going on as far as events go.

Unless you want to go skiing, your best bets are to do museums and similar attractions in Seattle so you won't have to be outside too much. The Space needle, Seattle aquarium, maybe the art museum or experience music place might be good ideas for you.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,877,766 times
Seattle Events February 2011 Calendar - Eventful would be a good source to check out when the time come.

It definitely be wet, cold, cloudy. There is a thread somewhere that has the area's great restaurants, so check that out! We have wineries about 35 mins out, so if thats your thing...

Old 12-21-2010, 04:38 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,100,473 times
The ferry to Bremerton can be fun, inexpensive too. You can walk-on and just go round-trip from the docks. When you get to Bremerton, you can usually see several large Navy Ships. The ferry that crosses during sunset is nice. When you come back into town it's all lit up from the water. Takes 45 min one-way. Dress warm.

Space Needle observation deck is cold, but also provides a great view. One could easily do that the day of the concert, as it's within walking distance of Key Arena.

Might as well see "Blackie" at EMP (if it's still there).

The Public Market has some interesting shops, and plenty of places to eat near-by.

Good beer...lots of that here:
The Pike Brewing Company: Home - Downtown, walking distance to Pike Street Market
Elysian Brewing Company - Near to the stadium (south side of town)
Seattle | Pyramid Breweries - Across from Safeco Field (south side of town)

Most restaurants and pubs have great beer on tap as well.

All of this stuff can be accessed via cab, no need to rent a car.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:55 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,351,453 times
I'll second dthraco's recommendation to go for a ferry ride. But I'd go to Bainbridge Island instead of Bremerton. I'd get off the boat in Bainbridge, walk into town ( 5-10 minutes), and go have a coffee or lunch at Pegasus. They've been roasting coffee there for 31 years, and the food's good and not expensive:
The Pegasus Coffee House

Old 12-21-2010, 09:31 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,269,853 times
If you want to stay near Key Arena there are lots of good places to eat and drink in the Lower Queen Ann neighborhood. I don't know about hotels there, but you can zoom in on the area with google maps and search for 'hotels'.

Downtown has more hotels and eating and drinking options.

Yelp.com is good for finding highly rated restaurants and bars.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 PM

6 posts, read 37,231 times
If you are staying in Belltown or lower queen anne (which is where key arena is)-- there are some great places to eat/drink for happy hour (5-7pm). In Belltown, try Tavolata or Branzino on second ave. Zigzag cafe on Western ave. behind Pike Place market. I'm sure there are other places that others may recommend.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:13 AM

Thanks for weighing in. I figured the weather would be a downer. But I figured we can make do. I was kinda thinking, start the day with some great coffee, have a great lunch with a local beer, do something walkable, or cab-able, then have a great dinner.

I had forgotten about the Space Needle. I hadn't been up there since I lived in Seattle for 4th grade 1967 (?).

Thanks for the ideas about the ferry and EMP. Cool.

Looking forward to the visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area