Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM

3 posts, read 16,682 times

Advertisements

My husband has a job interview in Bellevue next week. I was wondering if anyone has any info on Covington for me? I have read both good and bad, but from people who have not actually lived there. How bad would the commute be? We have 2 small children, and I'm finding it very hard to find a decent area to raise them! Thanks!

-any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 06:30 PM

215 posts, read 878,012 times
It's a great area to raise a family. The commute might be painful; on average I'd anticipate 45 minutes one way. But the satisfaction of having your kids raised in such a safe, family-friendly community might offset the pain of the commute...to some degree.

It just depends on where your priorities are. Some would never want that commute on a daily basis, to others, it's totally worth it to live where they want. It's the age old debate.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:30 AM

Thank you for your reply. Do you know anything about the roads? If we were to live in Covington, he would be taking 18 to HWY 169, then the 405. TIA!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:34 AM

Question Working in Bellevue, living in Maple Valley?

My hubby has an interview in Bellevue on Monday. He would be working south of I90, and East of the 405. My question is how is living in Maple Valley and commuting to Bellevue? It seems like the most reasonable priced, with good test scores from the schools. Can anyone give me any info on Maple Valley? TIA!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,489 times
Default Been there, done that.

I drove from Covington to 10th St in Bellevue for 3 years. It's was awful, there were times that it took 90 minutes to get home at night (leaving any where from 4:30 until 6:30 - just trying to judge traffic) and it didn't matter which route I took. AM commute was always 50-60 minutes no matter what time I left and it's only about 21 miles. It's a brutal commute and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Maple Valley isn't much better as there are new houses constantly being built with no additional roads - many places bottleneck because there's only one lane going each way in and out of major subdivisions.

Remember it's not only about your husband's commute but also about you being able to take your kids places - Covington is already so darn crowded and more stuff is being built everyday - just driving to the grocery store can take 15 minutes through the two or three light changes before you get your turn. It may affordable but that's attracted so much growth that I'm sure it's worth spending a little more money to avoid the traffic and crowding hassles. We're moving when school gets out in the Spring...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area