Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 01:37 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times

Advertisements

Hope you enjoyed

Old 09-26-2007, 06:24 AM
JTC

34 posts, read 148,552 times
WOW!!! Love the pics! thanks for sharing

Old 09-26-2007, 08:35 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,059,550 times
The weather in the paper this morning says it's 65 degrees, with lows in the 50's in Seattle. I don't consider that "spectacular". I consider that chilly.

I am looking out my window right now at a 75 degree, full sun, no cloud to be seen sky... It will be that way all this week, with highs in the low 90's.

Is my paper lying to me? Or did you just catch the hour or two the sun was out?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 AM
LMB

405 posts, read 1,892,548 times
PWright, thanks for sharing your wonderful photos! Have you ever considered submitting some of your photography to stock photo houses? I've been an art director in book publishing for years (now semi-retired, but still doing contract work) and your photos capture the kind of mood and environment we're often seeking. Getty is in Seattle, and I think Corbis still has an office there too. I love your work!

My husband and I have been loving the September weather here, but I know that's an individual thing and subjective to personal perspective. After spending the last 15 years in Florida, this is the closest thing to real fall we've enjoyed since the early 90s. No, it's not like the brilliantly-hued autumn in the midwest or the east, but it's way better than September in central Florida! I just returned home from a trip to Orlando and it's still very warm and muggy there. Taking long evening walks here in the crisp fall air with a slight scent of neighborhood wood fires is most enjoyable. I have to say we're kind of glad this weather isn't for everyone. Think how crowded it would be!

Lynn

Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,044,161 times
Right, that definitely wasn't yesterday.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
Yes - Septemeber in Seattle is probably the best month - but here's something

It looks like that (beautiful pictures by the way) in most parts of the country MORE then just one month!!

I bet you New England's got us beat right now

Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
The weather in the paper this morning says it's 65 degrees, with lows in the 50's in Seattle. I don't consider that "spectacular". I consider that chilly.

I am looking out my window right now at a 75 degree, full sun, no cloud to be seen sky... It will be that way all this week, with highs in the low 90's.

Is my paper lying to me? Or did you just catch the hour or two the sun was out?
In fact in most of the the pics the temperature was in the 60's. In all my days of shooting the temps reached into the 70's only once or twice. But thats just how I and many others love it. I'm glad you're happy down in Austin. What you just described in Austin is something I have absolutely no desire to live in.

And Citygirl I know you've lived a few places but please tell me you're not ever going back to Sacramento? That is the hottest most polluted hazy city I ever set foot in. I use to have asthma but my last visit to Sacramento I had to stop at the drug store and buy some Primatine Mist. Now if I lived there I would be locked up in the house never to come out. I guess spectacular is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,006,775 times
My favorite months in Seattle are Sept and about halfway thru Oct, then that's usually when the grey comes until may/june of the following year. I too like cool weather, but it does get a little excessively cool for too long. Nice pics, you have a pic of the federal bldg, that's where I worked on the 35 floor. I'm down in Kansas City right now until Dec, then who knows, move back to Seattle? I don't know. I do know that I don't miss the Seattle traffic.

Tony

Old 09-26-2007, 01:11 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
If it was up to me - I would live in Sacramento again in a heart beat. I had no problem with pollution (being from LA) and I didn't even notice it til I moved away.

But my kids are safer and getting a better education up in WA (If you can beleive that), so what's best for my family is not neccesarily what is best for me...People make a lot of sacrifices once they have kids. So if I must take anti-depressnts and go to therapy (all of which I'm doing) just so my family is happy. I will.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 PM

170 posts, read 846,995 times
I agree with Pwright regarding the temps. What you can't get from those pictures is the air temperature. That is a major factor in how nice the weather is, not just how the weather "looks" in pictures.

I just got back from Dallas where it was in the mid 90s just like Jenbar said Austin was. The humidity was also off the scale and everybody, including those with bloated Texas pride egos had begun their annual late summer/early autum rhetoric: "Its almost October and it is still this hot!! Only in Texas!" People were avoiding the outdoors wherever possible. Ozone alerts were in effect and the news stations were pleading with people to carpool and not stay outdoors for too long.

I just laughed to myself as I thought of my new home up in the Pacific Northwest where the air temps are a VERY comfortable 60s and 70s allowing everybody the freedom to enjoy the outdoors without suffering heat exaustion. I was so glad to be back that I treated myself to a day outdoors rollerblading...underneath overcast skies no less! *gasp* some say. But that is the way of life here in Seattle. The air temperature is the beauty of it all. Not so much the sky condition.

Plus, I have only lived in Seattle now a few months but going back to Dallas the pollution and smog seamed worse than I remembered it. Anyways, good luck to all those living in the humid south right about now. Remember to drink plenty of water. A minimum of 4 bottles a day from May to October was the only thing that kept me from passing out back in the day.

Oh, and once again GREAT pictures Pwright. You have an incredible talent. I have been saying this for years now and I'll say it again: You need to do something with this talent of yours if you haven't already. Great job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: