Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:02 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,055,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX2SEA View Post
So are you saying no more shootings in Ravena?
Northgate is a totally different area, north of Ravenna by a few towns. It's actually where there is a Target. I think it's a fine mall, for being a mall. They must have done wonders cleaning up the area, because it looks nice to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX2SEA View Post
So are you saying no more shootings in Ravena?
Ha. Unlikely there will be much shooting. Northgate is actually a ways north of Ravenna and I only mentioned it because it's in NE seattle and also changed quite a bit along with U village.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:37 PM

32 posts, read 43,358 times
Just proving my command of the Seattle area

Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,906 times
Northgate is still pretty much a dump. They dressed it up a little on the outside, but the last time I was inside it still had a lot of vacant storefronts and not many customers. University Village, on the other hand, is starting to give Bellevue Square a run for its money in some ways. For instance, U. Village has Room & Board, which is an awesome furniture store.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
I miss the old U Village. The bowling alley. Ernst Hardware. Flakey Jake's burgers and Sea Galley across the way. There was nothing upscale about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Northgate is still pretty much a dump. They dressed it up a little on the outside, but the last time I was inside it still had a lot of vacant storefronts and not many customers. University Village, on the other hand, is starting to give Bellevue Square a run for its money in some ways. For instance, U. Village has Room & Board, which is an awesome furniture store.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,055,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I miss the old U Village. The bowling alley. Ernst Hardware. Flakey Jake's burgers and Sea Galley across the way. There was nothing upscale about it.
But it doesn't seem snobby-upscale. Or am I just a snob without realizing it?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:03 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Plan a shopping trip to Westwood Village in White Center then head back to U Village.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 PM

173 posts, read 225,274 times
Quote:
We live in Ravenna and love it. A previous poster mentioned that Ravenna is about chain restaurants and stores, but I'm not sure where they are. I find this area very unique, quaint and charming. UW is down the road, so it also has a youthful electricity. We live in a house that's 100 years old, and it has a basement. This morning I pulled away from my kids' school and caught a view of the Space Needle gleaming in the sun. I'm indescribably happy here. I find this is a perfect location for experiencing a lot of what the city has to offer.

Ballard is awesome, but so awesome that if I lived there I don't think I'd ever leave there to experience other parts of the city. Does that make sense? Probably not. ;-)
You're funny. I know you are only half-kidding re: Ballard. Now that I am admittedly retired, I have been leaving my enclave to discover other neighborhoods of this [magnificent] city. Of course Ballard has a great beach and marina. I've just been on this forum for a short period but thinking of the marina it strikes me that few if any (at least recently) moving prospects mention buying a boat and asking where to store it. In any event, Shilshole marina (probably has a waiting list) is huge and is a great place in the city proper to park a boat.

I really do like Ravenna, and one of the city proper's three Whole Foods is close by as will be the Roosevelt light rail station, which will be a boon to the immediate area.

Do most SoCal homes NOT have basements?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:55 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
The well to do in Seattle have this understated thing going. In LA, and NY, and a lot of other places, there are some pretty gaudy displays of wealth. Not so much here. Here, that guy with his shirt buttoned wrong, wearing an outfit a monkey wouldn't have picked out, behind you in line at Taco Time ? He's worth 300 million dollars.

Quote:

Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times
there are usually no basements in LA (at least no subterranean ones). i think it might be an earthquake thing or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area