Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,525,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
I toured apartments in this area. Very nice area...EXCEPT THE GIGANTIC BOEING PLANT. That place is loud! It makes a constant "buzzing" noise that you can even hear inside the apartments in the back.

I dont know why Boeing built the plant there.
Uhhhhh...Boeing was there before pretty much anything else was. The Landing is on Boeing's old parking lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 06:45 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Uhhhhh...Boeing was there before pretty much anything else was. The Landing is on Boeing's old parking lot.
Exactly. A better question would be "why would developers choose to build apartments in the shadow of Boeing's renton plants on land that used to be owned by Boeing?" Answer: money. They don't give a rat's a$$ about you all.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Probably better than living under the flight path of the airport, or even the popular West Seattle area where they had a strange nightly noise apparently from ships. Even here in the woodsy plateau we have the occasional coyote howl or owl screech at night. You get used to these things.

No really, the crazy hum in West Seattle is real | KING5.com Seattle

Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,149 times
I love the apartment reviews where there will be a string of bad ones followed by one obviously written by the management. "____ is just the best manager ever, and always takes time to make me feel at home when I stop by the office. ____, the maintenance guy, is wonderful! The few times I've needed a repair it's been done within hours of my request. The grounds are very well-kept, and there are never any problems finding a parking space near my unit. I looked all over ____ for a great complex and count my blessings every day that I ended up renting at ____." Uh, sure.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 PM

158 posts, read 450,707 times
As someone who works at an apartment property, let me tell you - Only the people with the most animosity toward the management will post reviews. There are a lot of people that simply cannot be pleased, either due to their unrealistic expectations, or they simply enjoy lying and making others' lives more difficult.

Yes, there really are people like this.

Quote:
I love the apartment reviews where there will be a string of bad ones followed by one obviously written by the management. "____ is just the best manager ever, and always takes time to make me feel at home when I stop by the office. ____, the maintenance guy, is wonderful! The few times I've needed a repair it's been done within hours of my request. The grounds are very well-kept, and there are never any problems finding a parking space near my unit. I looked all over ____ for a great complex and count my blessings every day that I ended up renting at ____." Uh, sure.
Haha. Those are pretty fun to read. Funny thing is, we recently had a review where it actually was someone not from within the company, that wrote an awesome review.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:21 AM

6 posts, read 8,558 times
Well, here's the update. I ended up renting in a place in Bothell called Ivorywoods. The place is gorgeous, and the people that rented it to me were super nice! I hope it continues to be as good once I move in. Has anybody heard of this place?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 AM

277 posts, read 442,046 times
Glad you found something! I know nothing about Bothell so I'm no help there. But to anyone else reading this thread.. definitely don't take the reviews to heart. Before we moved out here it seemed that every apartment complex sucked and management was awful everywhere. Our first apartment didn't have any reviews since it was a smaller place in Upper Queen Anne. But it turned out to be nice.. Not great since the apartment we rented had arched living room windows that didn't open. And a ton of construction across the street that was never brought up before we moved in. But I still wrote a good review when we left because the manager and maintenance guy were really great people.

We moved to West Seattle in November and moved to a big complex that had great reviews in the beginning and now has a string of bad reviews. Mostly due to a change in management. That to me does not make a building suck. And the new office guys are always nice to me. Granted, I'm not down there every five seconds to complain about something so I usually only see them when I'm taking my dog out. But the building is always clean, the residents are always super friendly, and I feel safe walking around the area in the middle of the night with my dog. Being right across from the fire station doesn't bother me either. But I'm sure someone has written a nasty review of the complex because of the noise from the sirens going off.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:53 AM

872 posts, read 2,029,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
What I meant was, it could have been such a beautiful location for a really nice large peaceful park or a bunch of homes on the lake where you can see both Mt. Rainier and downtown. It's on the waterfront and they built this big nasty Boeing plant in such a gorgeous spot. Gross.

But yeah, the follow up question would be "why would they build apartments there now?". Online it looked amazing, glad I visited first. Nothing wrong with the apartments but god that would be a horri-awful place to live.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
What I meant was, it could have been such a beautiful location for a really nice large peaceful park or a bunch of homes on the lake where you can see both Mt. Rainier and downtown. It's on the waterfront and they built this big nasty Boeing plant in such a gorgeous spot. Gross.

But yeah, the follow up question would be "why would they build apartments there now?". Online it looked amazing, glad I visited first. Nothing wrong with the apartments but god that would be a horri-awful place to live.
There is a park over there, its called Gene Coulon Beach. And its quite beautiful and huge, with perfect view of DT Seattle on most days.

Where the factory is, its pretty much been a working/factory type location for almost a hundred years. And its perfect for Boeing because of the airport there. The apartments aren't a huge deal as they have sound proofing... but all those homes, right off of Burnett ave? Those are definitely horrid.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:56 PM

872 posts, read 2,029,451 times
Inkpoe,

Have you been inside most of the apartment complexes around that area?

I have, I visited a total of 3 and they ALL had really annoying "buzzing" noises that you could hear even when talking to someone else. It's a mind-numbing buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah, the park is pretty, but again, it is accompanied with planes taking off and loud noises (including the buzzing), hardly nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area