Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2016, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 1,817 times

Advertisements

I am going to move to Seattle because I'm going to attend Seattle Central Community College. I have never been to the states although being born and raised in the island of Guam. I need help looking for an apartment. I'm planning to move mid-August 2016. I will be rooming with a friend, so I prefer a 2 bedroom apartment. 1 bathroom is good enough for us. Budget is $1,300 per month. Location is my main issue, I am looking to have a place AT THE MOST 25 minutes away, by bus, from the college. Please help. Thank you, really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 09:45 AM

128 posts, read 148,047 times
You may have better luck finding apartments faster if you contacted the school and asked to be put in touch with someone involved in student housing. They may know students who are graduating and will vacate apartments before the apartment becomes available to everyone on the web.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:33 AM

8,174 posts, read 8,315,137 times
Welcome Shashikant! 2 bedroom at that price would be tough. For location, price and light rail access, Beacon Hill might be your best bet. My good friend lived on Guam for a year and told me about the great Boonie Stomps

Old 06-10-2016, 03:39 PM

8,073 posts, read 8,378,646 times
At your budget, a 25-minute commute is probably not realistic.

The new Capitol Hill light rail station is a block away from SCC, so anywhere near a light-rail station could do for you. Another option would be to take Sounder commuter rail to King Street Station and then change (5-min walk?) to light rail (International Station).

Note: Sounder stations (except for King Street) have free parking, but light-rail stations don't.

Link light rail | Sound Transit

Sounder Lakewood-Seattle | Sound Transit

For instance: Kent to King St (30 minutes) and International Station to Capitol Hill (10 minutes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area