Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 05:54 PM

371 posts, read 526,764 times

Advertisements

Always been a huge fan of Nintendo and I understand their business model, they are a niche player focusing on the game experience versus the graphics wars. They also find a new use for established technologies (this is how the Wii was born) versus relying on new unestablished technologies like PS2 dud with BlueRay.

My experience is mostly in the financial world in risk management. There is not a complete correlation with any dept. at Nintendo but there I have experience with audit and financial reporting. I want to leave the financial world as the industry is declining and nintendo is a great company (they have had issues with the slow acceptance of Wii U) and I might like to work for them.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 06:09 AM

164 posts, read 430,376 times
You're asking the wrong question. It's about what you want to DO first. Where is secondary.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba_yaga View Post
You're asking the wrong question. It's about what you want to DO first. Where is secondary.
I know what I want to do. I want to work for a company that I am excited to work for.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,854,342 times
Breaking into the gaming industry is extremely hard. Most game companies want the best of the best, and if you don't even have a technology background, you're going to find getting your foot in the door is extremely hard. Your best bet is to befriend someone that works there, find a job listing you're qualified for, and ask them to submit your resume.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
Stand outside their door with a sign saying "Will analyze financial risk for food" while dressed up as Mario.

Seriously though, VeronikaW has it right.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:10 PM

100 posts, read 195,495 times
Apply for a job duh

Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,887,169 times
Become best friends with someone who works there. You won't have a ghost of a chance if you don't know anyone on the inside.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,462,735 times
My advice is the Try to get a job with a start up company or smaller Software design firm (Companies that develop Mobile games and Apps). The experience you will gain there will definitely give you a better shot at Nintendo. It's rare that you can get in the tech field, even the Business side of it, without some background in technology. Good Luck though! Glad your taking a chance, life is too short to do something you don't love.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
Become best friends with someone who works there. You won't have a ghost of a chance if you don't know anyone on the inside.
Why is that? I don't even live in the area .... It's sad that something unrelated to the job is what gets the job. I have a job now, a good job. I just want to change gears. I understand Nintendo's business and how the company runs. I can bring that knowledge to the table in an interview.

Last edited by sickofnewyorkcity; 08-19-2013 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Wanted to add

Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,462,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
Why is that? I don't even live in the area .... It's sad that something unrelated to the job is what gets the job. I have a job now, a good job. I just want to change gears. I understand Nintendo's business and how the company runs. I can bring that knowledge to the table in an interview.
The reason he said that is because it'll get you a foot in the door. Do you have but if you dont have any connections or no background in Technology it will be very difficult. So I would suggest starting small to gain experience then try to get in the door, it will be alot easier. Bellevue, Washington and the eastside is quickly to becoming the start up capital of america so finding a place to start shouldn't be too hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: