Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 09:21 PM

3 posts, read 5,310 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving form Oakland to....
We will be driving up to check out areas etc
She's going to be going to Bastyre for in Kenmore for her masters. Not sure what neighborhoods are the best. Ideally we would like to find a a small cottage to rent out somewhere private and in the woods but not too far away. Think 45 min commute max. Is this possible/ Where do we begin to look/ Apparently my question mark doesn't work here so thats whey theres slashes. were healthy and like to get out every morning and go trail running/hiking do lots of yoga etc and just not sure where we can find a neighborhood that is suited to this. a healthfood store selling organic produce is almost a must as well. and no whole foods does not count. that place is terrible. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 09:40 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,380,699 times
Somewhere private and in the woods you can find not too far away from the Bastyr campus, and St Edward State Park borders the campus. But the nearest health food store selling organic produce might be Puget Consumers Co-op(PCC) which has a location in Kirkland and one in View Ridge Seattle, I think both about the same distance from Bastyr.
View Ridge is near Magnuson Park, where you could run and swim and fly kites, and take yoga classes. I'm guessing it's a 40 minute drive to Bastyr...Matthews Beach is a little further north is a little woodsier, but further away from organic produce.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:24 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,170,491 times
Kenmore or Juanita, the general vicinity of Bastyre, might be of-interest. Generally pleasant areas, with various trails and other recreational opportunities.

Cannot address the Whole Foods or health food argument too well, other than that there is a natural market of some kind in Kirkland (Houghton area) I've been to several times. Not my scene so I do not know if it is "good" or "bad" by some arbitrary standard: I'd look to Yelp or similar for an answer to that. Or if there are others in the area.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 5,310 times
yeah thanks for the replies were gonna go out in october and take a look
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area