Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:15 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times

Advertisements

Yet more bad news from that part of town:

Man dies, woman seriously injured in Pioneer Square stabbing

Quote:
A man has died and a woman is in serious condition after they were stabbed repeatedly by a stranger who confronted them Friday night as they were walking in Pioneer Square, police said.

The incident unfolded at about 10:30 p.m. Friday as the 46-year-old man and 30-year-old woman were walking near 3rd Avenue South and South Jackson Street, said Seattle police spokesman Jeff Kappel.
At least there was actually an arrest in this case - the "random" shooting in Pioneer Square from last year which left a young women dead remains unsolved, and Seattle PD has failed to make any arrests.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:40 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
The attack happened at 10:30 pm. I am pretty fearful of going down there that time of night. This incident only reinforces that. Plus the blase attitude Seattle seems to have toward mentally ill people roaming the streets.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM

905 posts, read 1,103,254 times
Not really surprised about the area in which this happened, but it's a tragedy nonetheless. There's definitely some characters that hang out around parts of Pioneer Square and the ID at night - Unfortunately, the city seems to just let them roam free most of the time.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:11 PM

133 posts, read 253,187 times
This upcoming week will be uncomfortably awkward for black males throughout Seattle. Whenever a rogue black commits a random murder like this, ALL black men get the cold shoulder treatment for a while. It's bad enough most Seattle women hate us (//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...ack-men-5.html). And what makes matters worst, the victims are Seattle's beloved couple: old white guy and young asian girl. Good luck brothas!

Old 09-14-2013, 07:19 PM

414 posts, read 537,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
The attack happened at 10:30 pm. I am pretty fearful of going down there that time of night. This incident only reinforces that. Plus the blase attitude Seattle seems to have toward mentally ill people roaming the streets.
u must be a really fearful person...
i was gon say why wasnt the police nearby and stopped it, since this is the heart of the city, but considering this is a random murder and the suspect is a nutjob, there is noth that could prevent this, unfortunately, could happen anywhere

Old 09-14-2013, 07:34 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
i was gon say why wasnt the police nearby and stopped it, since this is the heart of the city, but considering this is a random murder and the suspect is a nutjob, there is noth that could prevent this, unfortunately, could happen anywhere
It will be interesting to see what this guy's history was. I would not be surprised if he's just another one of the mentally ill trouble makers that the city attorney and judges prefer to put back out on the street despite numerous red flags.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:23 PM

414 posts, read 537,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
It will be interesting to see what this guy's history was. I would not be surprised if he's just another one of the mentally ill trouble makers that the city attorney and judges prefer to put back out on the street despite numerous red flags.
well yea, but it happens in all big cities

Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
Not in general, but I am fearful of walking around areas with large numbers mentally ill homeless at night, often with a cop nowhere in sight.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:02 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
well yea, but it happens in all big cities
So seattle needs to be broken apart? Makes sense.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:37 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
That's why I pack a 9mm + backup when walking around Seattle at night.. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Even a can of pepper spray is part of my arsenal, but when some nutcase comes at you with a knife, you better be quick with whatever is at your disposal. A firearm is usually your best bet against someone attacking you with a lethal weapon, such as a knife.

P.S. In Seattle firearm permits are very easy to get and there are several gun ranges in the area where you can spend time doing some training. People need to stop being such weanies and depending on overworked, underpaid government workers to come save their life, when they already got their hands full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area