Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,085 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

My boyfriend and I are recent college graduates from Texas and are planning on moving to the Seattle area in August. He accepted a job at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and doesn't necessarily want to live in Bremerton. I graduated with an advertising degree and am still looking for jobs but it seems like I'll most likely find work in Seattle.

Does anyone have any tips on where to live? What areas in Seattle? Are there any nicer areas in Bremerton? My boyfriend has only visited once, so we're moving there blind so really any help you can give would be amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 06:25 PM

8,072 posts, read 8,374,563 times
Not in Seattle - it would be an hour just on the ferry, each way, plus whatever time it takes him to get to and from the ferry terminals.

Look at Poulsbo. Within reach of both Bremerton and the ferry from Bainbridge Island to Seattle (30-minute crossing).

Liberty Ridge Apartments - Poulsbo, WA | Zillow

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/47...23398526_zpid/

Old 06-07-2015, 08:50 PM

301 posts, read 520,015 times
Default Kitsap County suggestions

You haven't given us a budget, but considering you are both recent grads, I'm assuming you aren't looking for a $2000/mo apartment. That's pretty much the starting point for anything around Seattle for a one bedroom. And, without you working yet, the ferry tab for your fiance will be expensive.

I'd recommend finding a month-to-month rental in the Bremerton areas of Manette, Illahee, or around the fairgrounds areas of East Bremerton. Manette has a young vibe. These areas of Bremerton are pretty safe.

Without you having a secure position yet, it is difficult to recommend a specific place. For example, if you landed a job in downtown Seattle, Poulsbo might be a good fit (Crazy forgot to factor in the 20 minutes drive/bus to get to the ferry terminal on BI, plus the 30 minute ferry so it's really like an hour commute one way). However, should you get a job in West Seattle, Port Orchard would be a better location for a decent commute for the two of you. Or, if you landed in the Everett or Redmond areas, Kingston would be better.

So I think you waiting until you have a job in hand is a better idea. With a month-to-month you could quickly relocate for a better commute.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,200 times
Poulsbo and Silverdale would be my choices. Central Kitsap schools are better but Poulsbo is more quaint and gives you the commuting choice of Bremerton, BI or Kingston ferry (if you really need to get across the water)

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area