Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 08:32 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I've heard that artists are gravitating to Bremerton too.
I wouldn't have any idea why. If the OP thinks he's not cool because he's not living in Seattle, try living in Bremerton. sometimes I find myself wishing for a nice earthquake so I can experience something happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 09:18 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Yes, but can you handle the wild creativity and 200 naked painted people on bicycles ?
Uh, I find the public nudity tends to be better in theory than in practice.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:22 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
As of recently, I work in Redmond and live in Redmond. Everyone my age, including other people who work on the East Side, can't figure out why I would choose to live in a safe, nice, uncrowded area where I can drive to work in 5 minutes, rather than live in a "hip", crowded, overpriced area and commute across a bridge that will probably sink again.

1. "How will you meet anyone in Redmond?" Well, it's not like I would be meeting many more people in Seattle. The city is not exactly known for being a great place to meet people.
  2. "What is there to do in Redmond?" I have more time and money and space to do everything that an introverted Seattleite would do. Plus, if there's anything to do specifically in Seattle, like canoe at the WAC after waiting in line for 2 hours, I can easily drive/bus over to Seattle to do that.
  3. "There is no night life in Redmond. What if you want to go out to the bars on Thursday and Friday?" Who has the money to do that?
Maybe Redmond will someday erect a Lenin statue and a troll beneath an overpass, then you too can be cool. Take it up with the town council.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:15 AM

166 posts, read 443,109 times
My favorite place we lived was West Seattle, rather White Center. It was very diverse which I love, but then we had to move in with my in laws because of the recession. They lived in Redmond, and while I missed the diversity I did like the town. After 1 1/2 years my partner finally got another job we we moved up to Bothell, but she still commutes to Redmond. It's actually out in the country, and there is not anything within walking distance so I'm pretty much stuck at home depending on her days off to get to do anything. Don't care if anyone thinks it's cool or not, I like being out here where it's nice and quite.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:13 PM

153 posts, read 220,393 times
I wonder if this clown ever got that beans and rice recipe he was asking for. So now that you moved out of the city you are still constantly complaining. Hey guy, maybe it isn't every where you go maybe it is you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area