Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 05:00 PM

28 posts, read 109,047 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have lived in the Mukilteo/Everett area for about 7 years. We're currently living in the Silver Lake area of Everett. It's convenient but not as safe or as quiet as we'd like. We have a 16 month old and another on the way. I work at Boeing and my wife has interrupted her pursuit of an ultrasound tech degree to be a stay at home mom (for now).

We're thinking of moving into a safer and better school district with more kids around, and would like to be south a bit more.

We'd like to get some advice on "sub-neighborhoods", for lack of a better term. Not so much broad recommendations to "try Bothell" or "Brier is ____". Ideally, I'd like to gain some more focused insight on more specific locales of these larger areas.

I'm curious about the areas south of 228th, but north 85th on the west side (Shoreline, Northgate, Lake Forest Park, but not near the U or "college kid neighborhoods"), and north of NE85th on the east (Brier, Kenmore, Bothell, even Woodinville I suppose).

We don't want to get too far away from Everett, but also don't want a nasty commute to the east side for when my wife goes back to school.

We're looking for neighborhoods in this order:
#1 safety
#2 schools
#3 tons of young (professional) families
#4 price (3br/2bath < $400k)
#5 tucked-in a bit -- not immediately connected to any streets with a speed limit higher than 20 mph...

Being within walking distance to anything other than other houses is just fine by us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 05:04 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
If you go south of 228th, I think you qualify for the Northshore District, which is a good one. Less than $400K is going to be challenging but I bet you could find something. There are plenty of country roads in Woodinville - also Northshore, but your commute to Boeing would be longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area