Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 07:40 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I agree with you on many things. But as an ex Metro employee, not this one.
First of all, about a third of all Metro bus drivers are black. Second of all, most Metro bus drivers look forward to their few minutes at the end of the line so they can use a bathroom. Metro drivers don't get lunch breaks. When they reach the end of the line, on many routes they have just a few minutes to race to a bathroom. The last thing they want to see, after sitting in traffic and becoming late, is answering someone of any race, who is using a loud voice who is standing at the bus stop to ask a question. You can't just drive by them, as tempting as it might be. But if you're already late, nature is calling, and somebody at the bus stop is asking a stupid question in a loud voice? I think, in this situation, race has less to do with it than external factors( if you stop to go to bathroom, and patiently answer all the questions, you'll run even later, and people will bark at you for running late. In some instances, you've been driving straight without a break for a couple of hours. I can tell you that the annoyance felt by bus drivers is not only by the white drivers. The drivers are being rode hard.
I don't think it's about potty breaks. That wouldn't explain why one bus driver locked the bus after a very minor incident and called the police to take a passenger away. The incident wouldn't have happened if the driver had been professional, and explained how the system of transfer tickets works, instead of shutting down and refusing to give one to the passenger. I won't go into all the details to save space, but anyway, regarding the other thing I mentioned, it's not uncommon for people waiting at bus stops to ask the driver when he opens the doors if he's going to this or that street, or a certain destination. It's a normal part of the work day.

However, I'm willing to consider that Metro drivers have improved since I lived in Seattle. I certainly hope so.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-03-2016 at 07:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 07:47 PM

171 posts, read 218,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Duh they have cities! It doesn't mean they are safe/ clean or enjoyable to live in! African countries don't even have any economies there so small. Africa has tons people are war with eachother. Let's not forget all the diseases... I wonder if those picture are actually of Africa or just lies? Anyways Your pretty sick I mean wanting to exterminate a race and culture. You should get checked in! I also love how if someone said that about blacks this would be on the news, and EVERYONE of EVERYONE race would be mad. Everyone on this forum including all the white people will probably agree with you! But if someone says that about whites no body cares...
Quote:
And let's not forget who most likely engineered those buildings! A lot of dubai projects had to use white engineers... Get over your racism whites have some pretty good pros just like every race!
You know, it's people like you that really cause me to understand why some of my fellow Africans inject their "DNA" into the European gene pool.....

Old 03-03-2016, 07:48 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Seriously . I was glad to get OUT of the states at one point to go live in Europe .
What? Europe is more racist than the US.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:02 PM

21 posts, read 19,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
What? Europe is more racist than the US.
For how racist and awful Europe is, there sure seems to be no shortage of Africans/Middle Easterners/Asians trying to move there...

As for this ridiculous idea lots of people seem to have that whites are responsible for all the evils in the world, just go look at how Japan treated the Koreans and Chinese when they invaded those countries.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwillia View Post
For how racist and awful Europe is, there sure seems to be no shortage of Africans/Middle Easterners/Asians trying to move there...

As for this ridiculous idea lots of people seem to have that whites are responsible for all the evils in the world, just go look at how Japan treated the Koreans and Chinese when they invaded those countries.
There's no fair minded person who's done any amount of historical reading who could possibly claim that the Japanese have been responsible for as many destroyed lives, cultures, and civilizations as Europeans.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:37 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
There's no fair minded person who's done any amount of historical reading who could possibly claim that the Japanese have been responsible for as many destroyed lives, cultures, and civilizations as Europeans.
Or been as great! Made great countries, great food, great looking people that don't look all the same, great inventions, great businesses and the 1st to sent people to space!

Old 03-03-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Or been as great! Made great countries,
Umm, most "great" European countries weren't actually 'made' by Europeans.

Quote:
great food,
You mean food from various non-European cultures....

Quote:
great looking people
Ummm, that's up for debate....

Quote:
that don't look all the same,
Europeans actually have the least amount of genetically diversity....

Quote:
great inventions,
Including or excluding inventions that Europeans stole?

The Black Inventor Online Museum | Profiles on African American and Black Inventors Over the Last 300 Years

Hispanic Heritage and Inventions | USPTO

22 Chinese Inventions That Changed the World | Humans Are Free

20 Black Inventions Over The Last 100 Years You May Not Know - Atlanta Black Star

Quote:
great businesses
Yes, Europeans do have a knack for monetizing and extorting....

Quote:
and the 1st to sent people to space!
People have never been to outer space.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7pzg9xpAOE

Old 03-03-2016, 09:56 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Okay this is ridiculous! 2 girls were in there, a group of men are looking threw the windows and trying to get in! It's after closing time and I doubt they are looking like they are business men... Be fair look at it from the girls perspective! And we all know blacks commit more crimes... Here I will link statistics from the FBI for you to read. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ables/table-43 Now I know you people are going to be saying no they commit less crimes than white people, your still racist! Well if we look at black population relative to crime they are much more likely to commit crimes. Blacks commit about 28% of crimes while only comprising 12% of population. Here's a page about the population of blacks. QuickFacts Now we know blacks are more likely to commit crimes. How about we go back to the story now, 2 girls alone, with a bunch of black guys trying to get in. From the pictures I do not think they were looking professional tho I could be wrong. Wouldn't you call the police too? Just because something bad happens to blacks is NOT because everyone is racist! I have no idea why people would even think this is racist! Those 2 girls were scared, how is that not clear! Put yourself in their shoes! It is NOT racism!
Here is my truth. I really don't care what the statistics say. If I'm not the one committing crimes, why should I deal with the aftermath? I don't care to put myself in the other person's shoes. At the end of the day, I look out for what is best for me. That is what I care about first and foremost. If I don't look out for me, who else will? And this not a Seattle issue in specific. This could happen anywhere. This has happened in the Atlanta area where I live. The police were called on me because of "public disturbance". What did I do? I sighed and rolled my eyes as a walked out of an office. Didn't raise my voice, didn't ball my fist. I just looked annoyed and that appeared to be enough to warrant a call to the police. Luckily, the police saw it was one of those "cry wolf" situations and no further action was taken.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:19 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,048,359 times
As a native Washingtonian who just returned to the state after many years in the south this notion that Seattle is the most racist place in the country is fascinating and absurd. I do find it interesting for such a white, non diverse area (Seattle is awesome but it just isnt very diverse) how much people get riled up about this issue, usually meaning well but ones perspective is quite different if your primary point of view is the PNW. This is a topic I expect to see more on the Atlanta CD forum then here but I gotta say that after having many good friends and coworkers of all colors while I miss the diversity there are some racial things I don't miss.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:28 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,753,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans2000 View Post
I'm pretty sure the author of this post has never lived in the deep south. Try Mobile Alabama.
I would say the south is the least racist for black men because there are a lot of black men in the south so seeing a black man is not shocking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area