Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:04 AM

16 posts, read 39,354 times

Advertisements

To everybody hello.
Tell me please, which districts are good in Bellevue for family 2 adults + 2 kids (7 and 2 years)? Include good school, kindergarten. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,050,998 times
Are you referring to neighborhoods within Bellevue? Please be more specific as to what you mean by "good." Renting? Budget? Convenience to anything in particular?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Are you referring to neighborhoods within Bellevue? Please be more specific as to what you mean by "good." Renting? Budget? Convenience to anything in particular?
Thanks. Yes, you are right, I missed some details. We are a new immigrants and we found Bellevue quite pretty place for living. That's why I interested in renting not so expensive apartments in relatively good and well-situated district. I mean schools, kindergarten, transportation. First time we won't have an opportunity to buy a car. Thank you again.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:13 PM

297 posts, read 1,035,280 times
Crossroads or Lake Hills are good Bellevue neighborhoods for new immigrants with young families. What country are you from Eva?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_fuerza View Post
Crossroads or Lake Hills are good Bellevue neighborhoods for new immigrants with young families. What country are you from Eva?
Thank you for reply, la_fuerza. I hope these places you gave me are safety and friendly. We are coming from Israel.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva_ View Post
Thank you for reply, la_fuerza. I hope these places you gave me are safety and friendly. We are coming from Israel.
La_fuerza, do you live in Bellevue? What kind of people live in this place? I heard Bellevue has a good schools. We have also a 2-years child, it would be nice to find some kindergarten in these places.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 AM

5 posts, read 21,687 times
Default Schools

Overall the Bellevue School district is great. To evaluate all school stats go to reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us. This site will give you specific WASL Test performance results for each school, each district and the state. It will also give you school demographics such as teacher/student ratio, ethnic make up of the school, education of the teachers...etc! Some of the best Elementary schools would include: Bennett, Cherry Crest, Sommerset, & Clyde Hill. Home price with drive this decision as well. For example the Clyde Hill area is a very expensive home prices area. I recomend knowing your price affordability first then search for schools which service the correct home price point.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
The Crossroads area of Bellevue, and the apartments around that area, are NOT known for safety, or for being family friendly.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:15 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,895 times
mod cut: removed assumption. It is a minority laden area (probably one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the whole puget sound area), but it is not by any stretch unsafe. I grew up there and aside from the usual teenage fisticuffs and pathetic, wannabe sur-13 gangsters, I never had problems with safety. I worked at the crossroads theater when I was 16, and would regularly walk home at 3:00 in the morning every weekend. It is directly adjacent to the Microsoft campus in Redmond, and the wealth has obviously rubbed off because it is starting to gentrify quite a bit.

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-15-2008 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: good points but it become a personal attack if we assume what another is saying. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:33 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,895 times
There is a popular perception that crossroads is an unsafe neighborhood because of the large swaths of subsidized housing and sizeable immigrant population. I apologize if I offended you, I am just fatigued from all of the years of people from other areas of town having that "eewww-crossroads....isn't that where all the mexicans live?" attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area