Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 02:42 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,999 times

Advertisements

In my apartment in Northgate Seattle my Verizon phone only gets 2 bars reception and 3G data. The Verizon phone i have is a Samsung S6. Around Seattle,Bellevue and Kirkland my phone keeps switching from 4G to 3G all the time. When i make phone calls with my verizon phone in my apartment no one can hear me.

In the Los Angeles,California area Verizon wireless works terrific both on voice quality and data speeds but this isnt the case in Seattle.

Two months ago i went to Best Buy and bought Virgin mobile phone which runs off the Sprint network. The Virgin mobile service is half the monthly price of verizon and works much better. All of my phone calls made from my apartment are crystal clear compared to muffled with Verizon. I get full bars with 4G service in my apartment.

At my friends condo in Kirkland i cant get a signal with my Verizon phone but im able to get service there with my Virgin mobile phone.

Has anyone else been suprised by verizons limited Puget Sound area service?

In many metro areas around the united states verizon works so well that no other carrier can beat their data and voice service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 06:37 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,629,320 times
I have Verizon and am also surprised by this- I live in Bothell near the Bothell Everett Highway/I-405 interchange, and there are large areas there where I have 1 bar for voice and get either no data at all, or such slow data that I cannot even get a simple webpage to load. Happens even in the parking lot of a shopping center right by I-405 in that area. It has been the case with three different phones I've had on Verizon- I called Verizon and the rep seemed surprised, just said they are always working to improve their tower capacity and left it at that. (this was 2 years ago I was told this with no improvement)

Old 09-20-2016, 07:10 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,954,081 times
Its really not just Verizon. I had Tmobile and just left them. The call quality from anywhere was terrible. It happened for about 2 months and I could not take it anymore and left for Cricket.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:42 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
Many of the towers are shared, so in some cases the same issues will exist for more than one provider. I haven't seen any problems with Verizon service in Seattle, but I'm normally closer to downtown/Belltown/waterfront. I have heard from others that have had your problems in the 94-95th and Roosevelt area, near what appears to be a cell tower. That's Maple Leaf, but near Northgate. I wonder if the signal from another carrier is jamming or causing interference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area