Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 01:11 PM

102,240 posts, read 108,130,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
You are right. It's premature.

It's not even been a week since the election and yet it appears his administration is not going to persecute Clinton, repeal the ACA, deport the 11 million illegal immigrants... and the wall on the southern border will be more like a fence..

Electoral rhetoric flying out his arse.

He'll prove to be the better politician than any of the "Establishment".
It does? That's not the impression I have, but I could have missed something in the news. How does it appear that way? I don't think we can know anything for sure until he gets in.

Someone on another forum warned that he'd better not die in office or get impeached, because then we'll end up with his Veep, a guy who wants to eliminate evolution from the curriculum in favor of creationism, roll back Roe v. Wade, and in a variety of respects, return us to a medieval existence.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
He isn't the President until January 20th, 2017 and all the snowflakes are already crying and working themselves into a hysteria. Yes Clinton won the popular vote, but it's the electoral vote that matters and there is a good reason why... Especially if you're from a smaller and less populated State. The fact of the matter is he won the electoral vote... Period. Sign all the meaningless petitions you what, it's not going to change anything... Heck, he isn't even in charge yet and why is it so hard to see how he does first before thinking the worst?? ....IMHO, that alone is a pretty closed minded action in itself and not very inclusive at all.
Closed-minded to be alarmed about a guy whose campaign rhetoric and personal behavior was xenophobic, and criminally violent against women? What, exactly, did you want people to be open-minded about?

Maine is definitely smaller and less populous, but they allowed their EC votes to go by precinct/county. So what was your point about that? I didn't quite follow.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:20 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,738,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
He isn't the President until January 20th, 2017 and all the snowflakes are already crying and working themselves into a hysteria. Yes Clinton won the popular vote, but it's the electoral vote that matters and there is a good reason why... Especially if you're from a smaller and less populated State. The fact of the matter is he won the electoral vote... Period. Sign all the meaningless petitions you what, it's not going to change anything... Heck, he isn't even in charge yet and why is it so hard to see how he does first before thinking the worst?? ....IMHO, that alone is a pretty closed minded action in itself and not very inclusive at all. If he screws up, then I can see people getting worked up and then having him lawfully removed for the office of the President, but all the yelling I heard downtown about starting a revolution or whatever is pretty freaking stupid. If you really what to stretch it a bit, it's a treasonous act to attempt and/or plan to overthrow the constitutionally, legally and lawfully elected government of the United States.

I didn't vote for President Obama or agree with many of his policies, but if anybody would have attempted to overthrow him or his government, I would stand to defend him to the end since he was elected by the rules, as set by the Constitution AND he is our President... Period.

The truth of the matter is that the urban centers of the United States do not represent ALL of America or ALL the American people. If anybody thinks that they or their "group" of like minded individuals have the right to suppress "those" other people's rights since they are simply too "stupid" to choose for themselves and that you, being such a swell person, have to do all the thinking for them, then that is truly both a fascist and racist act... If that's the case, who are the real Nazis/fascist here??

Btw, if you think America is now the "NEW" Nazi Germany, there is no hope for you and I truly wish you well since your mind is already made up and that the facts really do not matter anymore since you are only acting on an emotional impulse. But, be forewarned, for every negative action, there is normally a equally, if not greater, negative reaction that will follow, so if the Left attempts to deny the basic rights to the Right. If that's the case, expect them resist you and your actions since most of them feel as strongly as you in your own personnel beliefs... At this point, I truly pray that America doesn't travel down that path of self destruction.

I truly wish us all well and that we can come together again as one people since "WE" are bigger than either D. Trump or H. Clinton.
Really couldn't agree more...

I have friends that survived the Holocaust and they are deeply offended...

What about the rights of citizens to travel unimpeded without worry of their person or property being accosted?

What did the small shop owners with busted out windows or forced to close?

In simple terms, a small number feel empowered to throw a tantrum without regard to their fellow citizens safety or property... protest, rally, yell, hold a silent vigil or come together to hold hands as in Oakland today... do not use Trump as an excuse for violence to your neighbor.

Many also exemplify hypocrisy to the Nth degree....

The very same that vilified Trump should he so much as question the results are now leading the charge.

The United States is more than Seattle, Olympia, Portland, San Francisco, Oakland etc...

I'm not a political person but it is changing and that changed started when protests turn to violence and property damage...

I greatly respect the leadership of San Francisco... Mayor Lee and other city leaders came together and publically affirmed the city is willing to forego 1 billion in Federal Funding to retain sanctuary city status... words backed up by non violent action.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:25 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,682,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It does? That's not the impression I have, but I could have missed something in the news. How does it appear that way? I don't think we can know anything for sure until he gets in.

Someone on another forum warned that he'd better not die in office or get impeached, because then we'll end up with his Veep, a guy who wants to eliminate evolution from the curriculum in favor of creationism, roll back Roe v. Wade, and in a variety of respects, return us to a medieval existence.
Keeping ACA:
[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/business/insurers-unprepared-for-obamacare-repeal.html[/url]
Not going after Clinton:
[url=http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/giuliani-christie-interviews-clinton-prosecutor/]Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie: Lock her up? Maybe not so much - CNNPolitics.com[/url]
Not deporting 11 million illegals:
[url=http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/paul-ryan-trump-deportations-231291]Ryan says he and Trump 'not planning' mass deportations - POLITICO[/url]
Building a fence:
[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/2016/11/13/donald-trump/93762254/]Trump appears to temper positions, border 'wall' may be part 'fence'[/url]

As for a possible President Pence... just remember not so long ago we made it through a Bush dynasty built on right-wing theocratic platform.

I'm not saying I'm not either horrified or alarmed.

I'm saying I have hope.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:31 PM

I'm positive on Pence from what I know...

He seems to be a deeply caring individual that enjoys popular support in Indiana and put forth sound fiscal policies.

He has also been a reality check for Trump and brings to the table real Executive Experience and Washington know how.

He compliments Trump...

As for religious... President Obama has said he himself is deeply religious... I take him at his word.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:56 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,043,966 times
Quote:
You are right. It's premature.

It's not even been a week since the election and yet it appears his administration is not going to persecute Clinton, repeal the ACA, deport the 11 million illegal immigrants... and the wall on the southern border will be more like a fence..

Campaign rhetoric flying out his arse and nothing more..

He'll prove to be the better politician than any of the "Establishment".

He just said he wants to deport 2 or so million illegal immigrants providing they have criminal records. He's also said he'll make changes to the ACA.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:00 PM

^^^ Is this a good or bad thing from your perspective?

As for undocumented they do have options... many cities have already gone on record emphasizing Sanctuary City Status will not end regardless of the financial cost.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Keeping ACA:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/bu...re-repeal.html
Not going after Clinton:
Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie: Lock her up? Maybe not so much - CNNPolitics.com
Not deporting 11 million illegals:
Ryan says he and Trump 'not planning' mass deportations - POLITICO
Building a fence:
Trump appears to temper positions, border 'wall' may be part 'fence'

As for a possible President Pence... just remember not so long ago we made it through a Bush dynasty built on right-wing theocratic platform.

I'm not saying I'm not either horrified or alarmed.

I'm saying I have hope.
Christie and Giuliani don't speak for Trump or the Republican Congress. I'll wait and see. I still don't see how he's going to build a wall or fence without spending money he won't have. His whole original plan (according to his rhetoric) was to get Mexico to pay for it. As if that would ever happen.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:17 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,043,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
^^^ Is this a good or bad thing from your perspective?

As for undocumented they do have options... many cities have already gone on record emphasizing Sanctuary City Status will not end regardless of the financial cost.
I'd like to see amnesties and assistance for many undocumented immigrants. The ones with criminal records should be deported. Most other nations would deport in similar circumstances.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
I'd like to see amnesties and assistance for many undocumented immigrants. The ones with criminal records should be deported. Most other nations would deport in similar circumstances.

My guess is this is what will happen.

The numbers or simply too large but I do expect deportation to increase...

It also may be a magnet to migration to Sanctuary Cities...

Somewhere back I read the Trump plan was to impose a tariff on Mexico to fund the wall.

Congress has/did appropriate money to begin the wall and then the project was shelved???

One thing different this time is Border Patrol Agents supported Trump...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area