Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2006, 08:55 PM

21 posts, read 70,294 times

Advertisements

Hey all, new here. My friend who lives in the Seattle says the job market in general is good there. I hear it's all technological. But what about graphic/web design? That's what I do and it's the kind of job I'm currently seeking. Where I live now (Midwest) there's practically nothing in that area. From my online job searches it seems there are quite a few jobs like that out there, and there seems to be a lot of design co's out there as well. I've partially considered Seattle because at least there, or in the surrounding towns, the cost of living is reasonable. In comparison to the bigger, more expensive cites like San Francisco or NYC which are the biggest in graphic/web design. Just trying to be realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 10:48 PM

454 posts, read 906,371 times
Seattle is a tech town with plenty of cottage industry web and high tech companies. What the market saturation is I am not sure, so I will stop short of saying "y'all come on over". Hopefully someone else on the forum will have a better idea of the market share etc.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:54 AM

1 posts, read 8,531 times
Default Seattle Job Market

The job market in Seattle is good, however Seattle is saturated with college graduates and post-college graduates so the job market here is very competitive. It may take 3 to 6 months to find a decent job.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 AM

21 posts, read 70,294 times
I've been out of school for a number of months looking here, zippo. Figured I'd have the same trouble anywhere but still, better to go a melting pot meethinks. The job market around here really does suck though. Also I had even considered the idea of just getting a regular part or fulltime job out there for the time being, and taking a couple of collage classes at a design/art school, to enhance my skills and maybe get some help getting an internship through the school. I know there are lots of good art schools out there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: