Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 10:03 PM

235 posts, read 269,774 times

Advertisements

This board is a great online resource, but I want to plug homesinseattle (Vince) as a great in-person resource as well for people looking to buy a home or even just thinking about it.

I recently moved to the area and picked the first real estate agent I talked to to help find a new home (never bought a house before and that was the first mistake of a few). The process started going sideways so I reached out to homesinseattle to get his take. He's active on the board, but I wasn't sure how he'd respond when I wasn't sure if I'd be able to retain his services.

He was incredibly helpful right away. We ended up meeting in person and he was able to provide great perspective and guidance even though there was a good chance we weren't going to be able to use him as an agent. Very down to earth and relaxed, but very on top of things. When things ended up working out on my end and I let him know that we weren't going to work together (this time), he sounded genuinely excited about it working out.

Short story: if you're trying to figure out this crazy market and just want to bounce thoughts off an agent in a relaxed way, homesinseattle is the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 10:32 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,784,392 times
Having been on this board for many years, there have definitely been Realtors who show up, try to use this as a marketing tool, don't get enough leads, and disappear.

The ones that stick around are here because they love Seattle and have lots of insider knowledge that they enjoy sharing. All the Realtors that have been here long term seem they they would genuinely be great people to just have a beer and a piece of of pizza with, and talk about Seattle.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:26 AM

513 posts, read 499,619 times
Good to know - homesinseattle always has good comments so it's not surprising he's a good realtor as well. :-)

Old 05-12-2017, 07:47 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Thanks Jeff. That's kind of you. Happy to help. Looks like you guys found a nice home.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:22 AM

50 posts, read 45,651 times
Default 2nd that

I wanted to chime in here, and second the motion that @homesinseattle is a great resource in this madness of a housing market. When we started looking at homes we were brand new to the area and truly did not realize how vicious the market is. @homesinseattle helped to guide us through the maze of this market. I was mostly impressed by how well @homesinseattle knows the area. In this market you want him on your team!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area