Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:18 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,022,957 times

Advertisements

No he has to do that ultra brutal commute back to Everett Thurs-Sun. 4/10's . He usually carpools with 5 others but not this week I do not think ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:25 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,524,843 times
No he has to do that ultra brutal commute back to Everett Thurs-Sun. 4/10's . He usually carpools with 5 others but not this week I do not think ..

Is it with BF Goodrich? They were cool with hiring him back on?

Old 07-05-2017, 11:39 AM

8,075 posts, read 8,395,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
When I heard of the fire in UP, my first thought was, "I hope that is not DutchessCottonPuff's complex." Literally.

So, now that you're out, are you thinking of relocating back to the Everett area?

Old 07-05-2017, 03:44 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,547,621 times
I never thought I would say this, but maybe it's time for this state to ban fireworks.

I read the online KOMO story about Dutchess' apartment building, & saw stories about similar fires in Renton & Puyallup & a story about fiberoptics wires burning & melting, presumably caused by the latter fire.

As for myself, I live in a rural area where the tribes sell a lot of them...hate for them to lose the revenue, but some dangerous s--- goes down here.

As a kid, I loved to visit my granny, because of the ability to have fireworks, but back then, there were designated areas to use them, & people respected that. They also weren't stoners or tweakers.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:55 PM

8,185 posts, read 8,336,140 times
Marcia, I kind of agree. Did you see this other very sad fireworks story from Pierce Cty just the other day? Tacoma boy, 17, loses four fingers in fireworks mortar injury at Firecracker Alley | The News Tribune

Old 07-05-2017, 04:16 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,547,621 times
^^ I am not surprised. My cousin nearly lost his fingers trying to blow up our granny's mulch pile...but he was an 8-year old & not the brightest bulb in the lamp. And he got a whipping & never used fireworks again.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:40 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,167,810 times
Your grief is yours, don't let any of us take it away.

Glad life was not lost, first of all, though too bad about the neighbor's dog.

Second, yes some possessions have enormous emotional value. I've spread 2/3 of my dad's ashes, last 1/3 for some point in the future. I'd be upset if that was taken away, but he would have liked Kirkland so if the rest were to go here, he's be good with that as a runner-up pretty spot.

Third, my cats would have disappeared given five minutes of ruckus, thus perished. There is always worse. Can't imagine what I'd have cleaned out in five minutes, that's a Sophie's Choice. I'd be shoveling stuff *into* the safe, not out, a the safe is fire proof for a goodly amount of time (they're rated to resist heat awhile, the better ones, until hosed down by the FD).

You're reminding me any data I have on discs is wasted in such an event. Everything that can NOT be lost is in the Cloud, which is what everyone needs to be doing pretty soon to duck disaster.

State Farm calls me yearly, we review policies and I usually take their call. When I bought a real house I started paying attention in high detail. The $400K they hand me (just checked my policy) for contents would still be major hassle to even begin to replace. Hope you are well-covered, in any case, like any person with brains (and children).

Good luck once you're settled back down, with a check and options for the future. Options you did not want, per se, but what I call a Left Handed Gift of the Gods.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:53 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,893,807 times
OMG, Dutch! I'm so glad you and your family made it out okay. I feel so bad for the poor dog. You must have had a cool head to remember the cats, I can't imagine being in such a terrible situation.

So no chance of retrieving any property? Any more news? If there is a GFM, I would love to know.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:34 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,789,151 times
You are not replaceable, but I am very sorry for the bits of your life that you are mourning.

I have always appreciated your posts. Even when you had plenty of challenges of your own, you have always tried to try to help other posters here. Please do consider a GFM.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:56 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,022,957 times
I am here finally . I got moms ashes and her Deb pic and most of my loved Seahawks things . Thanks to all who have posted here, it's really great to hear( see) from all of you . I am pretty silly sometime but I mean well . I do think I am going through some shock issues at this point . The cats and crow are asleep and the Guinea ladies are content so it's quiet . Everyone is very tired .

We finally got phones last night and my ins adjuster was the last to show today after they had it all boarded up . I called them while it was on fire . I have the kind that has to reimburse after they look so I am trying to stretch that Red cross card still and saving every single receipt . I think the building will fall . I went in one last time and you can audibly hear it groaning off and on . What is left of my place is completely boarded up now .
I am at a strangely nice motel in a horrednous part of Tacoma with bizarre yet colorful clientele on Hosmer ? I am pretty lost . F did make it to work in Everett this morning then tomorrow again . My choices at present are :
Take a smaller 2-1 for the same price on Monday - I had a 2-2
Take a bigger 2-1 for the same price Wednesday it is larger than my 2-2,
Move away all together ( no job, house or idea where to go yet although I am certainly not opposed)
Locate a less $$ one in the same district , I have located a few .
I think they are going to cash my rent check and I think I should stop payment . They were vague on that part .
I feel like I have been in a car wreck for some reason but am physically ok and resting a bit .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area