Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 11:27 AM

268 posts, read 358,200 times

Advertisements

Age? well lets say somewhere between 48-50

I remember"old" Seattle... when Mercer Island was very cheap ( I won`t disclose what we sold the house for !!!) , DT Seattle was a place NOT to walk around (I remember the old hotels on 4th street next to shady antique dealers), there were two Starbucks coffee shops (in the world) and Tacoma was to be avoided at all costs.

Things change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 02:11 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,732,691 times
There is a little strip of Tacoma city limits called Brown's Point. It's the upper NE area and it's actually more like part of Federal Way. It's on a slope overlooking downtown Tacoma. The views from there, especially at night are pretty great. It's a fairly upscale area that is closer to Seattle and in Pierce County - which in my mind is favorable to King County.

Zip code is 98422.

Sleepy suburb feel with great views, very within your budget and worth a look.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
There is a little strip of Tacoma city limits called Brown's Point. It's the upper NE area and it's actually more like part of Federal Way. It's on a slope overlooking downtown Tacoma. The views from there, especially at night are pretty great. It's a fairly upscale area that is closer to Seattle and in Pierce County - which in my mind is favorable to King County.

Zip code is 98422.

Sleepy suburb feel with great views, very within your budget and worth a look.
Yes I saw that and it has been on my map. Thanks! The views are amazing. Schools seem just OK but will see.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:38 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya97 View Post
Yes I saw that and it has been on my map. Thanks! The views are amazing. Schools seem just OK but will see.

Yes, cool spot but again, "suburby".

Old 06-06-2018, 03:50 PM

Well I admit we`re not burb people! So that's an issue. We saw on Zillow a beautiful house in Gig Harbor but its was mentioned that Gig H it totally cut from rest of the world. True?

What about Steilacoom? Good schools is seems.

Last option is still the Sounder train. Does anyone work in Tacoma yet live in Seattle ? I m open to that option also as 55m one way is easy.

Last edited by yaya97; 06-06-2018 at 04:00 PM..

Old 06-06-2018, 04:12 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya97 View Post
Well I admit we`re not burb people! So that's an issue. We saw on Zillow a beautiful house in Gig Harbor but its was mentioned that Gig H it totally cut from rest of the world. True?

What about Steilacoom? Good schools is seems.

Last option is still the Sounder train. Does anyone work in Tacoma yet live in Seattle ? I m open to that option also as 55m one way is easy.
Steilacoom has a little bit of a vibe but no where close to the feeling of North End and Downtown Tacoma. Lots of JBLM officers and their families live in Steilacoom.

The Seattle option might work but just remember that 55 minutes isn't 55 minutes. You have to get from wherever you live to the train, wait for it, etc. At that $900-$950k price point, you can get a decent sized character home in West Seattle, Columbia City, Beacon Hill. Queen Anne and Capitol Hill you would get a much smaller place. The homes in any of these places would pale in comparison to the gracious place you could get for the same money or less in Tacoma.

All of these options above would put you some distance from the train, the only way you could be on it quickly would be to live in a $1 mil plus loft apartment near the International District and stadiums in Seattle. These spots are urbane and fun but not really a neighborhood feel. Trust me. Go to Tacoma's North End. Chill out, walk around. You'll love it.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:26 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Here's a large craftsman in North Tacoma which has really good bones (if you ignore their awful color choices):

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...15_rect/13_zm/ ($524,950, 5bd/2ba, 3,584sf, full basement, fenced yard).

Old 06-06-2018, 04:31 PM

Very nice house
Saw this not to far. that view!!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...?fullpage=true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area