Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,781 times

Advertisements

We are lucky our power went back on in woodinvill Friday night. Areas up around Cottage Lake look pretty bad. Woodinville Duvall road blocked yesterday , numerous power outages. Serious damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2006, 08:08 PM

454 posts, read 906,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyg View Post
We are lucky our power went back on in woodinvill Friday night. Areas up around Cottage Lake look pretty bad. Woodinville Duvall road blocked yesterday , numerous power outages. Serious damage.
hey everybody.

Just got up, getting ready to go to work. Have been on storm duty since 10 PM on thursday. I work for PSE and have been on the phones all night talking with our customers.

This is the worse storm in our history. We are heading into day 4 and still have 230,000 people out. This is the level of outages that we normally see at the height of a large storm! The crews from Kansas are arriving tomorrow. There will be 3000 people working around the clock once they arrive.

The bad new is for our friends in the snoqualmie valley. Some will be out until christmas or so. If you know of anybody who is without power, please be kind and invite them to spend some warm time with you..

Old 12-17-2006, 09:39 PM

291 posts, read 710,523 times
Out here in the country, we lose power for a day or two every year (well, every week over this last month!). With the woodstove, a full woodshed, kerosene lanterns, and the 12 volt deep-cycle battery out of the camper powering a small LCD TV, DSL modem and laptop, we aren't much inconvenienced. Did have to spend a day cleaning up broken limbs and downed trees.

Puget Sound Energy says some areas of eastern King and Snohomish Counties may be out of power for a week. That would be as bad as the '62 Columbus Day storm.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:33 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
We're in Federal Way. The power came back on late Saturday night. But friends in other parts of Federal Way still don't have power. Friends in Issaquah got power back very early this morning.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:11 PM

331 posts, read 2,109,820 times
Hey Duff... Thumbs up to all of you at PSE!!!!!!!

This was my first encounter with no power and so cold.. Almost as bad as when I was in The lower desert in So Ca back when Edison went out. The temps where we were were in the high one-teens and no place to get cool. People were dropping...

Anyway... I just want to thank all of you working so hard to get the power back up and going for all of us. Just tell all the people working for you that when that car goes driving by and honking and giving thumbs up to them out the window... That's my way of letting them know how very grateful we are for them!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 01:43 PM

291 posts, read 710,523 times
Default A modest proposal

What if customers were allowed to deduct $1 from their electric bill for each hour their power was out?

The goal is to inject some small measure of balance between reliability and profitability into the deliberations of the utilities' corporate boards. They seem to need some help in this regard, and... <ZAP!>

Old 12-19-2006, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodFarlee View Post
What if customers were allowed to deduct $1 from their electric bill for each hour their power was out?

The goal is to inject some small measure of balance between reliability and profitability into the deliberations of the utilities' corporate boards. They seem to need some help in this regard, and... <ZAP!>
Well, seeing that we have lost millions of dollars (profit) not having 700,000 people using our product (down now to 180K), and the millions of dollars of cost to rebuild much of the system in north king county, the financial impact on PSE and other utilities is stunning.

Besides, we are not charging you one penny for the power you are not using when the power is out!

Old 12-19-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compltlyme View Post
Hey Duff... Thumbs up to all of you at PSE!!!!!!!

This was my first encounter with no power and so cold.. Almost as bad as when I was in The lower desert in So Ca back when Edison went out. The temps where we were were in the high one-teens and no place to get cool. People were dropping...

Anyway... I just want to thank all of you working so hard to get the power back up and going for all of us. Just tell all the people working for you that when that car goes driving by and honking and giving thumbs up to them out the window... That's my way of letting them know how very grateful we are for them!!!
thank you for the kind words. Do you have power yet? If not, PM me and I will give you an update for your area.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:48 AM

331 posts, read 2,109,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
thank you for the kind words. Do you have power yet? If not, PM me and I will give you an update for your area.

Yes we got our power on Sunday morning around 10:30 and are truly grateful. We had 11 extra people in our house last night from those areas that still don't have power. It was busy around here but everyone was fed and warm last night.

Again a big Thank you to those working so hard!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area