Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 08:38 AM

59 posts, read 54,496 times

Advertisements

Why is Seattle such a homeless friendly city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 10:25 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
If he's seriously crazy, how likely is it that he's knowledgeable about DNA evidence?
Mental health issues don't make you stupid (except for maybe socially inept in some cases). He was at least a High School grad.

Last edited by rjshae; 07-11-2019 at 10:34 AM..

Old 07-11-2019, 10:41 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,725 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Political correctness, fear of confrontation, public image... (?)

Politicians are 'people pleasers', not business owners or leaders who have the best interests of the community as primary objectives.

If... politics were to revert to 'volunteer status,' (Rather than pay + lobbyist perks) and term limits, and having an INFORMED electorate who held their representatives responsible (i.e. knew their voting record)... the service of public leaders would be more in line with the needs of the community.

When you are just trying to get re-elected every 2-4 yrs, you don't have much time to actually WORK.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:48 AM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Because that's where the services are. And foremost, it's where you can get drugs the easiest. Seattle is not unique.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Time has come to carry.
Suggesting lawful means of self defense against the mentally ill, drug zombies, bums, and vagrants who choose to become aggressive and violent is a view that will be shouted down here and elsewhere. Apparently, they are "victims", not the taxpayers who have to deal with this day-in/day-out.

The quoted story was inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if reporting on similar incidents in the past has been suppressed. Should the problem worsen, and it's bad now, next there will be fatalities. Or, there will be a lawful use-of-force and dead bums in the street, and all will be up in arms, bad pun intended. If race plays into it, will be ginned up even further to favor "more services" for vagrants. I submit the only "services" they require are remand to 1) mental institutions 2) work farms 3) state prisons, AFTER adjudication. Enough is enough.

I cannot just now find the story, but some years ago a white bum beat down a black fellow near Pike Place for no particular reason. The victim shot the vagrant dead in lawful self defense. I recall he was demonized by the vagrant's father, after, with the old "So now the solution is to kill the mentally ill?" I don't recall the counterpoint of, "If you engage in felonious assault, under WA State law people have a lawful right to self-defense!"

Old 07-11-2019, 11:41 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Suggesting lawful means of self defense against the mentally ill, drug zombies, bums, and vagrants who choose to become aggressive and violent is a view that will be shouted down here and elsewhere. Apparently, they are "victims", not the taxpayers who have to deal with this day-in/day-out.

The quoted story was inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if reporting on similar incidents in the past has been suppressed. Should the problem worsen, and it's bad now, next there will be fatalities. Or, there will be a lawful use-of-force and dead bums in the street, and all will be up in arms, bad pun intended. If race plays into it, will be ginned up even further to favor "more services" for vagrants. I submit the only "services" they require are remand to 1) mental institutions 2) work farms 3) state prisons, AFTER adjudication. Enough is enough.

I cannot just now find the story, but some years ago a white bum beat down a black fellow near Pike Place for no particular reason. The victim shot the vagrant dead in lawful self defense. I recall he was demonized by the vagrant's father, after, with the old "So now the solution is to kill the mentally ill?" I don't recall the counterpoint of, "If you engage in felonious assault, under WA State law people have a lawful right to self-defense!"

Old 07-11-2019, 06:45 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
I heard an interview today of Danelia Lipscomb-Eng, who is a candidate for 7th district Seattle city council.
https://danielaforseattle.com/

She said that a firefighter told her that the knife attacker had assaulted a firefighter six months ago, but the city attorney (Pete Holmes) declined to prosecute. She said clearly that she has been appalled by what has happened to Seattle, and wants to try to turn things around.

If you live in the 7th district (Magnolia, Queen Anne, and downtown), check her out. I was very impressed by her interview. Current 7th district member is Sally Bagshaw, who is not seeking re-election.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:45 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,581 times
Seattle is a cesspool pile of sh*t

In other news, water is wet.

More at 11

Old 07-11-2019, 08:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
When I take my gks to Seattle we go to Game works. It's on the same block this happened.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Seattle is a cesspool pile of sh*t

In other news, water is wet.

More at 11
It's rough. A few weeks ago there was zombie you could smell 20 ft away trying to get through a cyclone fence into a construction site in broad daylight. Guy was out of his mind on drugs trying to steal to get more. In broad daylight!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area