Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 04:31 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times

Advertisements

Daughter and I had a nice little sit down breaky the other day at a place called Rusty Pelican in Edmonds Bowl. I was beyond impressed, they were meticulous with their table spacing, disposable menus, social distance and employee use of masks and gloves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 05:50 PM

905 posts, read 1,103,254 times
My experience has been (and will continue to be for now) take-out during phase 2.

I'm choosing to wait a bit longer before dining in somewhere - the recent spike in new cases suggests that it may have been a bit soon to jump into phase 2 IMO. Hopefully it's just a brief spike that will stabilize/start going back down soon.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:58 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times
I went to Whidbey Island over the weekend and only the employees wore masks. I would say less than 5% wore masks. I was part of the 95%. Don't be mistaken and think it was only young people. It was everyone. Young, but also the old and the severely obese (which frequently brings chronic health issues).

It's a good thing Inslee is making it a misdemeanor across the state. I was taking my cue from others. If nobody cares, I don't care. If others are concerned I will be concerned for them. I don't care if I wear or don't wear one.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:07 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,431 times
i eat at home and will until this is over a vaccine

Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post
My experience has been (and will continue to be for now) take-out during phase 2.

I'm choosing to wait a bit longer before dining in somewhere - the recent spike in new cases suggests that it may have been a bit soon to jump into phase 2 IMO. Hopefully it's just a brief spike that will stabilize/start going back down soon.
i agree should be in phase 1 or locked back down people are not self distancing etc

Old 06-23-2020, 07:27 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Mask wearing is not mandatory in my county
They are now.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
i agree should be in phase 1 or locked back down people are not self distancing etc
You must not be young or have young kids. This is really screwing up the younger generations. Older people need to self-isolate. Younger people need to continue on with life and building the future.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
You must not be young or have young kids. This is really screwing up the younger generations. Older people need to self-isolate. Younger people need to continue on with life and building the future.
well they n u better get used to it will be arond for quite some time till a virus. this is the new normal not so good if people dont self distance take it serious act likes its no big deal it will be worse sadly.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
well they n u better get used to it will be arond for quite some time till a virus. this is the new normal not so good if people dont self distance take it serious act likes its no big deal it will be worse sadly.
I would argue I'm more used to it than many others as I am getting out and others are staying home and trying to wait it out.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:31 PM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
It's sad for everyone.

You're right, I can't imagine what it would be like to try to date and be a normal young person, but it's not good for older people either.

My parents are gone now. I'm almost thankful... Because I would be livid about the limitations.

My husband's parents are in Arizona, in a retirement community, and having increasing health problems that are hard to figure out over the phone. Hubby really needs to be able to go see them, NOW, but if he went, he wouldn't be allowed in. I don't understand that. Especially now with near instant testing. It's not healthy for all these old folks to not get to see their loved ones. They may not have til next year to wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area