Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 01:20 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I’ve been around the globe, there are a lot of odd places, man .
Not like Seattle I have been all over the globe also and all over the country and there is nowhere in the world like Western Washington completely the worst place in the world. Serial killers and horse sex farms and a giant Pedophile ring bust? Tell me about another state that has such madness. And stuck up money worshiping liberal elitists is the icing on the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 06:29 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Where did you go, folkguitarist? Man, you really hate my birth city. I happen to love Seattle. I see it's got problems, but there's still a lot to like about the place.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Where did you go, folkguitarist? Man, you really hate my birth city. I happen to love Seattle. I see it's got problems, but there's still a lot to like about the place.
The area is social retardsville. And clicky and stuck up. I have known many transplants to hightail it out of Seattle. They couldn’t handle the oddball social ethos of the region. Yeah you love Seattle because you’re from Seattle. Go figure. Plus the area is getting so pathetically expensive it’s an utter rip off. All for what? To live around America’s most antisocial icy cold populous? I’d rather live around the cornfields of southern Illinois even.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:48 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
So you moved to southern Illinois? Hot and humid in the summer and cold as ice in the winter. Other than that...well, I don't know. Farmland everywhere around there.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:40 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
folkguitarist555 seems to have some issues with Seattle. (duh). Perhaps there is more going on here than he/she is letting on, but no, Seattle is perfectly sane. (outside of the city council). The city still operates in a normal state, and the city is not crime-ridden, and most people are not crazy. Perhaps the poster had some bad experiences in my hometown. But I know for sure that odd or criminal behavior happens all over the country. If Seattle stories get exposed more often, then so be it. But Seattle's crime rate is actually below normal for cities of its size. So I am not sure what the poster is talking about, unless he/she just has it out for a city that failed to meet his/her expectations. Sometimes it isn't the city, but the person. I wish the poster luck in his/her next stop, but wouldn't bet on it.

And what has any of this to do with Mary Kay Latourneau?

Last edited by pnwguy2; 07-14-2020 at 11:16 PM..

Old 07-15-2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
folkguitarist555 seems to have some issues with Seattle. (duh). Perhaps there is more going on here than he/she is letting on, but no, Seattle is perfectly sane. (outside of the city council). The city still operates in a normal state, and the city is not crime-ridden, and most people are not crazy. Perhaps the poster had some bad experiences in my hometown. But I know for sure that odd or criminal behavior happens all over the country. If Seattle stories get exposed more often, then so be it. But Seattle's crime rate is actually below normal for cities of its size. So I am not sure what the poster is talking about, unless he/she just has it out for a city that failed to meet his/her expectations. Sometimes it isn't the city, but the person. I wish the poster luck in his/her next stop, but wouldn't bet on it.

And what has any of this to do with Mary Kay Latourneau?
Mary Kay...Seattle’s super hero. . Seattle is one giant mental ward.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-15-2020 at 01:38 AM..

Old 07-15-2020, 01:09 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
You present an argument that is insane. Seattle is populated by normal folk in normal neighborhoods. Why you want to exaggerate some in the city is just pandering. You cannot apply one person’s behavior to an entire city. Just ridiculous.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 07-15-2020 at 01:21 AM..

Old 07-15-2020, 05:11 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,439,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
There is no odder place in the universe then the state of Washington. From the huge pedophile ring bust in Wenatchee, To the horse sex farms in Euniclaw and up by Bellingham. To all the serial killers that come from the state of Washington. To all the stuck up anti social women in the area. To the Extremely antisocial spirit of the populace of Washington. To the ridiculously high cost of living with no end in sight. To the horrible mind numbing traffic. Some people need to have their head examined if they think western WA is paradise.

Off-topic, but I read what you said about horse farms and thought “wth”, then I researched it and thought “WTH, OMG”! I never want to see a negative comment about Californians in the Washington forum again!

Old 07-15-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Off-topic, but I read what you said about horse farms and thought “wth”, then I researched it and thought “WTH, OMG”! I never want to see a negative comment about Californians in the Washington forum again!
Yep. Pretty sick stuff

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-15-2020 at 11:06 PM..

Old 07-15-2020, 11:25 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
There is no odder place in the universe then the state of Washington. From the huge pedophile ring bust in Wenatchee, To the horse sex farms in Euniclaw and up by Bellingham. To all the serial killers that come from the state of Washington. To all the stuck up anti social women in the area. To the Extremely antisocial spirit of the populace of Washington. To the ridiculously high cost of living with no end in sight. To the horrible mind numbing traffic. Some people need to have their head examined if they think western WA is paradise.
This is the 2nd post in two days that you've made on this theme.

To repeat: there was no pedophile ring. All charges were dropped.

Your entire post is off-topic, in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area