Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 01:03 PM

61 posts, read 39,929 times

Advertisements

I think it's funny how people are rejoicing about this. By the standards of the rest of the city council, Durkan was downright conservative. If there was viable path for a moderate Democrat or Republican to win, fine. But that isn't the case. You're going to end up with someone many magnitudes of incompetence and corruption worse - like Sawant or Gonzalez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 11:47 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
I didn’t care for her and her policies, but the only thing i know for a fact is that she will be replaced by an even further to the Left, Progressive Liberal who will not make the needed corrections to save the city... None of the individuals who may run for the position of mayor isn’t capable of making a hard decision that may be viewed as not being politically correct.

Voters in Seattle should also have an emergency recall vote on the entire city clowncil and the vote for each member shouldn’t be done by their “districts,” citywide cuz these clowns decisions affect the entire city, that’s why the voting needs to go back to a citywide system.

But, if the voters in Seattle are happy with the city’s clowncil than fine, it’s all good, but don’t expect the rest of the county or the State to come in and attempt to fix the self imposed problems that the city’s poor planning or lack of planning, has created.

The only positive thing I can say about Durkan is that she’s not stupid and knows that the ship, SS Seattle, is beyond “just taking on a little water,” but is sinking quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: