Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2021, 12:02 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,936,665 times

Advertisements

Nearly all hospitalizations and deaths in the US are those who are unvaccinated now. It appears this is just some form of natural selection, whether it is weakness or ignorance.
https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 01:32 PM

15,943 posts, read 6,643,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
Nearly all hospitalizations and deaths in the US are those who are unvaccinated now. It appears this is just some form of natural selection, whether it is weakness or ignorance.
https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187
One is tempted to express a certain schadenfreud about the upcoming trend, but all I feel is pity. At least we have a number of solid vaccinations available now, and maybe with time this will become self-correcting.

Old 07-02-2021, 05:42 PM

37,275 posts, read 41,489,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberofCuldi View Post
This does not support the idea that someone who has already primed their immune system with an infection would somehow get a more virulent case later, although the fact that this is a lab-created virus could be leading to anomalous impacts.
There are reports of reinfections being more severe, with some deaths.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:36 AM

1,369 posts, read 719,539 times
More and more vaccines coming out world wide. Some that even may be acceptable to those against more recent innovations in vaccines. India just released trial data on their vaccine that’s basically a deactivated Covid… old school vaccine for those less trusting types. Has 90%+ efficacy in preventing serious cases and 75% or so efficacy against infection.

Old 07-03-2021, 11:37 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,871,292 times
This made me laugh today:

Quote:
His parents, who are in their 80s, refuse to be vaccinated and have made Morrow and his wife "feel uncomfortable" about their own decision, he says.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covi...194816920.html

Old 07-03-2021, 12:18 PM

24,810 posts, read 11,209,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Took me several months, but as of today, I have played a big part in convincing 5 locals to not get the vaccine. I knew all of them, and all are below age 50. Persistence pays.

What have you done for your city and country lately?
You KNEW all of them. What a hero!

Old 07-03-2021, 02:01 PM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 335,554 times
The vaccine narrative is soo honest and trusting that the US and even whatcom county didn't reach 70% vaccination by July, even with the bribery of beer donuts pot ultimatums and lap dances, promotion from virtually all of big tech and mainstream media, censorship of alternative medicines.

Great job Fauci Biden and Gates, you bunch of ass clowns!

Old 07-03-2021, 02:31 PM

1,369 posts, read 719,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
The vaccine narrative is soo honest and trusting that the US and even whatcom county didn't reach 70% vaccination by July…!
If the former president, whose entire family got vaccinated, had the steadiness to just reassure his scared and bewildered followers, they wouldn’t need bribes to do something that’s clearly in their own best interest.

By the way, your argument is circular. You don’t trust vaccines, so you need an incentive to take them, so you see incentives as reasons to not take them. People with your attitude are why we have laws. You are free to do what you want but the combination of laws, rules, incentives and employer MANDATES will get enough of us vaccinated that your reluctance to help yourself through ignorance and paranoia will not matter.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:55 PM

15,943 posts, read 6,643,430 times
There's some skepticism as to whether lotteries work as vaccination incentives.

The vaccine lottery is a dud. How about just paying people to get the shots instead?

Quote:
Bottom line: The number of shots being given today is well below when the lottery started, despite a $1 million jackpot coming up July 13. About 40% of the prizes aren’t being claimed. Last week’s big cash winner, Dillon T. of Yakima, kind of summed it all up when he said in his statement: “I honestly didn’t even know that this COVID lottery was going on here in Washington.”
But it was worth a shot... so to speak.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:30 PM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 335,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
If the former president, whose entire family got vaccinated, had the steadiness to just reassure his scared and bewildered followers, they wouldn’t need bribes to do something that’s clearly in their own best interest.

By the way, your argument is circular. You don’t trust vaccines, so you need an incentive to take them, so you see incentives as reasons to not take them. People with your attitude are why we have laws. You are free to do what you want but the combination of laws, rules, incentives and employer MANDATES will get enough of us vaccinated that your reluctance to help yourself through ignorance and paranoia will not matter.
I'm a Trump supporter, but his decisions on getting vaccinated or his operation warp speed initiatives haven't swayed me AT ALL on whether or not I want the shot. People need to read and think for themselves. For example, celebrities are some of the least intelligent people one could take covid advise from. Just because I like Tom Cruise's acting or Trump's outspoken demeanor, doesn't mean I'm going to agree and go along with whatever they do.

And no, I don't need an incentive to get vaccinated. Many do and it's very unethical to lure ignorant people with prizes or threaten others with being fired. It's great to see that enough people said no despite the nazi coercion efforts.

I'm not the paranoid one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area