Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 05:19 AM

115 posts, read 58,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
India’s delta spike came down because the government reimposed a strict lockdown, for months. They’d literally lock up a high rise building if there were more than 6 active Covid cases. You would need a special pass to be allowed on a train, proving you had an office job that required you to be there. You needed a negative Covid test for air and intercity rail travel. It certainly came down well before most people had even a single dose. And the death toll is likely in the millions there and ongoing. Most people have no access to medical care, never mind a hospital. They’d be lucky to even have a clinic, and that would be mostly geared towards minor ailments.
But thankfully India has two pretty effective vaccines, Aztrazeneca and the Bharat Biotech vaccine, both of which help prevent severe Covid. Neither are mRNA vaccines, so they’re less effective than Moderna and Pfizer, but they’re still pretty good.
India relies on natural remedies, ivermectin and early treatment. Their vaccination rate was less than 10% when they got a handle on their outbreak.

Oh, they're also suing the WHO chieft scientist that represents India for misleading statements regarding ivermectin. You won't see that on national American news.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...cbb3b4dfa.html

As it stands, I only found it mentioned briefly on MSN. You wouldn't even know that third-world countries are having success with cheap drugs if you only paid attention to US media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 09:25 AM

15,944 posts, read 6,646,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpiri View Post
India relies on natural remedies, ivermectin and early treatment. Their vaccination rate was less than 10% when they got a handle on their outbreak.

Oh, they're also suing the WHO chieft scientist that represents India for misleading statements regarding ivermectin. You won't see that on national American news.

As it stands, I only found it mentioned briefly on MSN. You wouldn't even know that third-world countries are having success with cheap drugs if you only paid attention to US media.
Indian got control of the May 2021 surge by means of a lockdown. Statistically reliable evidence of efficacy in treating COVID-19 using Ivermectin is still lacking. The one large study that came out of India was retracted due to ethical concerns. Researchers found glaring discrepancies in the data. But I do know of two larger trials of Ivermectin that are underway.

Frankly the trial is irrelevant. Lawyers are not research scientists. Judges do not decide what is scientifically valid.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:27 AM

8,085 posts, read 8,417,949 times
Quote:
India is one of several countries — mostly in Asia, Africa and South America — that have mandated masks in public spaces. Prime Minister Narendra Modi appeared on TV wearing a mask very early in the coronavirus pandemic. The messaging was clear.

In many Indian municipalities, including the megacity Mumbai, police hand out tickets — fines of 200 rupees ($2.75) — to violators. Mumbai's mask mandate even applies outdoors, to joggers on the beach and passengers in open-air rickshaws.

"Every time they fine a person 200 rupees, they also give them a mask to wear," explains Fernandes, a Mumbai native. "Very stereotypically, we [Indians] are known to break rules! You see traffic rules being broken all the time," she says, laughing.

But in the pandemic, when it comes to masks, "the police, the monitoring, enforcement — all that was ramped up," she says.

Authorities reportedly collected the equivalent of $37,000 in mask fines in Mumbai on New Year's Eve alone.
But the fines and mandates appear to have worked: In a survey published in July, 95% of respondents said they wore a mask the last time they went out. The survey was conducted by phone in June by the National Council of Applied Economic Research, India's biggest independent economic policy group.

Awareness is widespread. Whenever you make a phone call in India — on landlines and mobiles — instead of a ring tone, you hear government-sponsored messages warning you to wash your hands and wear a mask. One message was recorded by Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan, 78, who battled and recovered from COVID-19 last summer.

The mask and hand-washing messages have now been replaced with new ones urging people to get vaccinated; India began vaccinations on Jan. 16.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/02/01/962821038/the-mystery-of-indias-plummeting-covid-19-cases

Stop spreading lies. Wear a mask. Get vaccinated.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:41 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,687,741 times
Except they aren't. Several other countries had the same recommendations and it had no effect on their infection levels. It's not in the news because it's not been shown to work. All we have are unverified anecdotes.

I don't understand this crazy insistence that people are having on replacing known scientifically analyzed preventative measures that are available for free to the patient and instead use random medication they have to pay for that hasn't shown any effect. It's like people have been primed to be so contrarian that they'll go gung-ho on anything that is different to what the scientific authorities say. Meanwhile, ivermectin sellers cash in.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:41 AM

1,369 posts, read 719,709 times
Quote:

India does NOT rely on Ivermectin and early treatment. Most people got NO treatment. If they are dying, they then get to a Covid ward and get minimal treatment unless they are in the elite classes. And ivermectin was used all across South America and then disregarded after wave upon wave of Covid where the drug didn’t help. Also, the drop in Covid cases after the recommendation to use ivermectin in India happened within 10 days, which shows that ivermectin had no part to play because a poor nation of 1.3 billion can’t turn on a dime and actually start using a drug en mass in such a short period.

Look, poor countries will use any supposed lifeline. There was a time that India was issuing hydroxchloroquine and they they dropped that, because IT DIDNT WORK.

Vaccinations, mask, social distance. That’s been the way to stop EVERY AIRBORNE INFECTIOUS DISEASE and that’s how to suppress Covid. You can wriggle on that line all you want. We will defeat Covid once we all have either been exposed to it and have natural immunity or we have had the vaccine or we’ve had both. The more who have the vaccines, the less stressed our hospitals will be and the less of us will die or have long term symptoms.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:55 PM

8,189 posts, read 8,363,278 times
Quote:
Who's statistics? And how are you so confident with the numbers when the CDC has been tampering with reporting?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...-501821?espv=1

And it's quite funny that in the US all "the hospitals" are 99.99999% full of unvaccinated patients, whereas elsewhere in the world, like the UK and Israel, ICU occupancy for COVID is nearly equal.

What's also funny is this narrative that we don't have any beds available due to those pesky unvaccinated folks. That's an excuse since the reality is that nurses are being dismissed for cost-saving reasons, being fired for their vaxx status and are quitting due to burn-out. It's not a lack of beds; it's a lack of personnel.

I won't even get into the contradictory propaganda. Here in NYC, our blockhead mayor enacted a vaxx pass. He claimed that covid was soooo bad right now, that this had to be done in order to protect citizens. Well, school in started soon and he refuses to allow a remote option. Would you like to know why he did that? He said, the delta variant isn't as bad as we thought it would be."

From my eyes, it's clear that these vaccines are not being pushed because they're actually safe and effective at what the government *claimed they are capable of. It's more like our leaders see the vaccines as a ticket to keep the economy running smoothly no matter what the real numbers say (check out BMJ and their pre-prints) or the risk profile.

That's just one anecdote. I have more from vaccinated nurses in my family who do not push the vaccines on us based on the increase in strokes, clotting and fatigue-causing autoimmune disorders they're seeing lately. One of my family members is now permanently disabled from this junk and when she had covid, she was asymptomatic.

*the claims made by the manufacturers during the initial clinical trials are vastly different from the government's public messaging. These vaccines are prophylactics and introducing them in the middle of a pandemic is going to have serious long-term consequences. We're already seeing it now with the insistence on boosters.

Let me try this another way. I have a good friend who is an emergency room doc in Snohomish County, my brother in law also is an infectious medicine doc in NYC. They have both personally seen many people die excruciating deaths due to covid. The tell me that almost every person who has died has been unvaccinated. They have no reason to lie.

Last edited by homesinseattle; 09-09-2021 at 04:24 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 04:17 PM

1,369 posts, read 719,709 times
Proud to listen to my president today use legal and Constitutional means to increase the vaccination rate in this country, help defeat Covid, save lives, protect Americans and ensure the economy continues to expand and grow.

I think that’s a better result than convincing 5 people to not get vaccinated.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:22 PM

1,348 posts, read 714,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
let me try this another way. I have a good friend who is an emergency room doc in snohomish county, my brother in law also is an infectious medicine doc in nyc. They have both personally seen many people die excruciating deaths due to covid. The tell me that almost every person who has died has been unvaccinated.
get vaccinated people

Old 09-09-2021, 04:23 PM

1,348 posts, read 714,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcos View Post
proud to listen to my president today use legal and constitutional means to increase the vaccination rate in this country, help defeat covid, save lives, protect americans and ensure the economy continues to expand and grow.

I think that’s a better result than convincing 5 people to not get vaccinated.
exactly CONVINCING THEM NOT TO IS ENDANGERING THEIR LIVES AND OTHERS LIVES

Old 09-09-2021, 10:25 PM

243 posts, read 230,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Yes, the evidence is stronger and stronger.

Vaxxing is the only way out of this.
No it’s not. We have something called herd immunity ? Ever herd of it ?

As dark and as heartless as it sounds the old , sick and immune compromised will die from a covid virus like they do every flu season

We can’t shut down the world and let the entire globes economy collapse to save 0.001% of the population at most

What happened to my body my choice ?

Here’s a article for the vaccines effectiveness

So brave btw for getting vaxxed , braver than the men who stormed Normandy and the Pacific

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ext-month.html

The effectiveness of Pfizer's Covid vaccine steadily declines over time, dropping to about 84% for vaccinated people about four to six months after getting their second dose, according to CEO Albert Bourla. Moderna said its vaccine remained 93% effective in the first six months after the second dose but expects that protection to fall and boosters will be necessary.

During a press briefing Wednesday, Walensky said officials based their decision on studies that showed immunity from Pfizer and Moderna's vaccines diminished over several months. One study in New York from May 3 through July 25 showed that the vaccine's effectiveness in protection against infection dropped from around 92% to 80%. Another study by the Mayo Clinic showed that Pfizer's vaccine efficacy fell from around 76% to 42% while Moderna's declined from 86% to 76%.

"Right now, it's still as if our vaccine protection is working really well," Collins said. "But we don't want to wait until it's like oh, too late."

Yet another

https://news.virginia.edu/content/qa...-booster-shots

Q. On what grounds did U.S. health authorities come to the decision to conduct booster shots for Americans? What is the data behind the decision?

A. Vaccine effectiveness is waning in the setting of the delta infection.

In one example in residents of nursing homes in the U.S., the mRNA vaccines were 74% effective at preventing COVID-19 before the delta variant, which fell to 53% efficacy after delta.

In another example of health care workers in the U.S., the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines were 91% effective in preventing symptomatic and asymptomatic infection with SARS-CoV-2 before delta, and this fell to 66% during delta.

This decrease in effectiveness is likely a combination of the delta variant being more difficult to prevent with the vaccine, and the memory response of the immune system to the vaccine waning over time. The good news is that the vaccine still is 50% to 66% effective, and that vaccine boosters will soon be available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area