Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2021, 12:39 PM

1,369 posts, read 717,938 times

Advertisements

I’ve taken the flu vaccine annually for more than 10 years. Never had the flu. Taken the Covid vaccine (2 doses) and had a slightly sore arm the first time and woke up in the middle of the night twice after the second dose.
No problems here. Recent data from Israel shows the third Pfizer shot has similar symptoms to the second. I’ll get my booster when it seems appropriate.

A close relative of mine had COVID several months ago. Still not fully recovered. Tell me that a flu causes speech and hearing problems and headaches for months after recovery. See if you can convince me of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 01:45 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,293,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I’ve taken the flu vaccine annually for more than 10 years. Never had the flu. Taken the Covid vaccine (2 doses) and had a slightly sore arm the first time and woke up in the middle of the night twice after the second dose.
No problems here. Recent data from Israel shows the third Pfizer shot has similar symptoms to the second. I’ll get my booster when it seems appropriate.

A close relative of mine had COVID several months ago. Still not fully recovered. Tell me that a flu causes speech and hearing problems and headaches for months after recovery. See if you can convince me of that.
But... but... my friend said that their friend... (*conveniently ignores hundreds of millions of people who have had the shots with no issues*)

Old 08-09-2021, 03:59 PM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 334,607 times
Quote:
So, you are saying he was prescribed antibiotics, not because he had COVID, but because he had side effects from the vaccine?

Again, you do realize that antibiotics ONLY work against bacterial infections, right?
His healthcare physician or doctor said his shot seems to have caused a flare up. He started feel bad the day he had his first pfizer, was in work talking to me about pain, went home early, became unbearable 2 days later.

I've had antibiotics before and believe in them, he feels better. Who knows what in the vaccine caused it? Reactions often take 2-3 months, but it could manifest after years. Vax companies aren't liable if you die or get bell's palsy.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Proof cannot come from sources that are not accountable. Anyone can say anything. Proof needs to be reviewable and challengeable. Proof needs to come from sources without Eastern European conspiracy theory roots, such as 'Off Guardian'. Sites like that are good at sprinkling some truth and pseudoscience to hook those with minimal scientific understanding and then take them down the rabbit hole.

For example, NPR is a credible news source. I looked up the number of people in the US being vaccinated per day and the 7 day average is 770,000 people getting a shot. One month ago, the average was 550,000 per day. The point is, inexorably, no matter what you post, more and more people are getting vaccinated, and as the Delta variant spreads, more and more people are disregarding you and yours, and getting vaccinated.

As employers have their plans to have people return to the workplace broken by the spread of the Delta variant, there will be more employer mandates (legal according to the conservative SCOTUS, and backed by the GOP if not in word than in philosophy [holy dollar, business leader ahead of worker]) and the rate will only rise.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-in-your-state

Your 'truths' cannot dispel the fact that ICU beds are filling up with Covid patients. Your 'truths' are not as powerful as former anti-mask, anti-vaccine mandate far right GOP governors begging their people to get vaccinated and mask up.

Covid doesn't care about your vacillation, misinformation, misdirection and inaction. It does what it does what it does. I have seen what the Delta variant does in other countries. It SPIKES and then it subsides. The next 2 months will show you what it does. You can continue to keep your fingers in your ears.
NPR reports false info all the time. I hear them driving to work and it makes me sick. ICU beds are filling up after vaccines were given.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-delta-variant

Here’s a valid criticism of the CDC and US vaccine data and policy. No conspiracy theories, just rational science, a request for better data and better efforts to fight Covid. From a reliable source and people you can actually question and hold accountable as opposed to some shady unknown person working for a temporarily set up shadow .org domain with unknown funding.
You mean how pfizer is held accountable after people are injured for life?

Are they going to pay my hospital bill?
Are you?
Is the big pharma media going to pay my ER bill or my tax funded government?

You people will be nowhere to be found.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
His healthcare physician or doctor said his shot seems to have caused a flare up. He started feel bad the day he had his first pfizer, was in work talking to me about pain, went home early, became unbearable 2 days later.

I've had antibiotics before and believe in them, he feels better. Who knows what in the vaccine caused it? Reactions often take 2-3 months, but it could manifest after years. Vax companies aren't liable if you die or get bell's palsy.
Again, this is what we have to deal with. Taking antibiotics for pain after a vaccine... it's like medical mad libs.

You may as well swallow some pepto-bismol because you have leg cramps while you have a cold. I mean... these things just don't go together.

Let's try again: Antibiotics are drugs specifically designed to kill bacteria. That is all. Bacteria are living organisms. Viruses are not living organisms. Vaccines are not living organisms. Side effects from taking a vaccine are extremely unlikely to be alleviated by taking antibiotics, no matter how much you 'believe in them.'

For the record, I don't 'believe in vaccines.' I believe in looking at evidence and listening to the opinion of medical professionals who review that evidence. If there were serious information against the vaccines, from serious people (with degrees, from well known hospitals, or the government), I would not take the vaccine. There was not, so I took it. Any low level negative effect from taking the vaccine (which I admit, can be DEVASTATING for the few that suffer that fate) must be balanced against the alternative, which is similar data from catching covid.

If you stack up Covid (while unvaxxed) and the vaccine as alternatives and consider the chances of negative effects, it's not even close. If Covid itself were a vaccine option, it would be deemed unsafe and not approved.

As for the conspiracy theories about reporting, etc... I have a more global perspective so lots of the reasons that seem so compelling to people who only think locally or nationally falls apart when placed in a larger context. Many of the theories don't even apply in many other nations, so why would they only apply in the US or the west.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:53 PM

The US government and DOD just announced a vaccine mandate for the military.
With 73% of the ~1.35 million service members with at least one dose, that's another 350,000 or so people working towards defeating COVID if we get close to 100%.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
NPR reports false info all the time. I hear them driving to work and it makes me sick. ICU beds are filling up after vaccines were given.
NPR is largely trustworthy. I don't understand your second statement. The third is true but ICU beds also filled up before vaccines were given. It's called covid. You know... covid? With 170 million people still unvaccinated, ICU beds will continue to fill up in waves until we stop covid... through vaccinations.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:04 AM

240 posts, read 197,082 times
I don't understand why some are still hesitant/ scared about Covid-19 vaccine even though babies are vaccinated for:

Hepatitis B
Rotavirus
Diphtheria, tetanus, & acellular pertussis
Haemophilus influenzae
Inactivated poliovirus
Measles, mumps, rubella
Hepatitis A

and many more.. Vaccination is not something new and unique, in fact this is the primary reason behind the increase of life expectancy world wide. Also, without majority of the population being vaccinated, the virus is getting more chance to mutate as seen with Delta, Lambda and other variants. So it's not just a personal risk, but the larger society is also impacted due to the decision.

Just like anything in life, nothing is full proof. There is a small percentage that a vaccine may have side reaction. In fact, even with all the above vaccines given to babies, there are cases where they caused side effects.

Last edited by uniquetraveler; 08-10-2021 at 02:12 AM..

Old 08-10-2021, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Again, this is what we have to deal with. Taking antibiotics for pain after a vaccine... it's like medical mad libs.

You may as well swallow some pepto-bismol because you have leg cramps while you have a cold. I mean... these things just don't go together.

Let's try again: Antibiotics are drugs specifically designed to kill bacteria. That is all. Bacteria are living organisms. Viruses are not living organisms. Vaccines are not living organisms. Side effects from taking a vaccine are extremely unlikely to be alleviated by taking antibiotics, no matter how much you 'believe in them.'

For the record, I don't 'believe in vaccines.' I believe in looking at evidence and listening to the opinion of medical professionals who review that evidence. If there were serious information against the vaccines, from serious people (with degrees, from well known hospitals, or the government), I would not take the vaccine. There was not, so I took it. Any low level negative effect from taking the vaccine (which I admit, can be DEVASTATING for the few that suffer that fate) must be balanced against the alternative, which is similar data from catching covid.

If you stack up Covid (while unvaxxed) and the vaccine as alternatives and consider the chances of negative effects, it's not even close. If Covid itself were a vaccine option, it would be deemed unsafe and not approved.

As for the conspiracy theories about reporting, etc... I have a more global perspective so lots of the reasons that seem so compelling to people who only think locally or nationally falls apart when placed in a larger context. Many of the theories don't even apply in many other nations, so why would they only apply in the US or the west.
You can talk to the doctor why he prescribed antibiotics. All I know is my coworker came into work bragging about getting his covid vaccine and within hours he felt sick, and felt worse the next day, and went to a clinic the day after. Today he said he feels ok but he's "still recovering". Who knows what's wrong with him.

There are a ton of doctors critiquing covid shots and telling not to take them. Why do you think the CDC hasn't mandating the shots for their employees? Why do you think so many healthcare professionals have left the field and quit because they don't want a mandatory covid shot? I think you're too caught up on fake news. The real world hardly reflects what you see on these fake news networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area