Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 08:13 PM

14,688 posts, read 12,357,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Trump made it LOUD and CLEAR that it was HIS administration that rolled out the mass distribution of vaccine. And on the Dori Monson show there was at some point lots of references to Harris and Biden BOTH saying they wouldn’t “trust” a vaccine developed by the Trump. Clearly before they took office and had to manage the crisis themselves. This was a discussion about why Blacks wouldn’t trust the government. He made the argument that if Biden had really wanted to get everyone on board and that if this were really the ultimate public health emergency that Biden would have joined with Trump and done some sort of public service announcement together and maybe add in some religious figures and popular rappers.

I never agreed more.
Yeah - I agree! What I'm reading up there ^ is nothing but revisionist nonsense. Trump was ALL in on this vaccine, and is the one who bragged it would be ready within the year and set up all the production so massive numbers of doses would already be ready when it was approved. Everyone else poo poo'ed his pie in the sky promises about the vaccine.

It was Harris and Biden who expressed fear and doubt about Trump's vaccine.

I bet Trump would have helped promote the vaccine, even after the election, but Biden won't even mention his name. It is Biden who won't let him have an ounce of credit or limelight, or even social media accounts.

Love him or hate him, Trump deserves the credit for expediting these vaccines, and I am also hearing that it is NOT Trump supporters who are the biggest holdouts now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 09:18 PM

372 posts, read 312,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Nope, that's not true. Trump and his extended crew MASSIVELY affected his followers willingness to not get vaccines. This gave the virus ample host bodies to mutate on and become stronger. Imagine if Trump from Day 1 would have been strongly all in about getting vaccines, imagine if he would have used his guile and rage to scream at any person who hinted that they weren't getting a vaccine. We would be more than 80 percent vaccinated, many lives would have been saved.

1) Influenza virus mutates constantly. That is why there is a new shot yearly. Coronaviruses have always been the same.
2) Current variant that is dominant worldwide is the Delta (India) variant. It was first detected in October 2020. That is pre-vaccine rollout.
3) Did you miss the story about Cape Cod? Supposedly 74% of the “cases” are vaccinated people.
4) Vaccines weren’t widely available until late winter/early spring 2021.
5) Vaccines as a treatment would be more accepted if leftist government officials weren’t pushing it so hard, to the point of being threatening. #5 is really scary, in fact. Especially when the survival rate for those under the 60-69 age bracket is incredibly good.

Last edited by Yac; 08-01-2021 at 11:07 PM..

Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 PM

9,866 posts, read 7,322,347 times
Sorry, what are we arguing about? Is the pandemic over, yet?

Old 07-31-2021, 10:15 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,873,505 times
Getting started:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ee-people.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

Old 08-01-2021, 12:17 AM

8,192 posts, read 8,374,368 times
This is an article that I think articulates better what both sides are trying to say. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...19-coronavirus

Old 08-01-2021, 12:30 PM

More good news for PFE:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pfizer-mo...114533641.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Pfizer CEO said last week that vaccine efficacy drops 4-6 months after second dose. As was planned/expected. No matter your vaccine stance, worth purchasing Pfizer stock in case they can make this into a 50 year business. Disclosure: I own some.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ix-months.html

Old 08-01-2021, 03:03 PM

If the US (and some continental European countries) wanted to see higher vaccine intake rates, they should have promoted Dr. Kim rather than Fauci or any of their other CNN-approved scare mongering scientists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=CJ3Yk01zWu8

I do not buy Dr. Kim's implications that science is always so great and precise. However, his demeanor is very sincere, modest, non-threatening and non-fame-driven. At least I want to listen to him despite being anti-vax.

That Asian Boss channel has 4 prior interviews of him, including the first one from March 2020:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU

Old 08-02-2021, 02:54 PM

1,348 posts, read 715,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
not anytime soon maybe years

Old 08-02-2021, 03:16 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,557,997 times
The Illuminati are toying with all of us. Just ignore them and they won't go away. I know someone who is going to blast them to Kingdom come, though. Oh yeah.

I can't wait, actually.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:07 PM

1 Covid death in Australia below age 30.

6 Covid deaths in Australia below age 50.

Vaccination rate of 15%. Way too high if you ask me.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...t-hit-by-covid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area