Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 05:41 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times

Advertisements

Just trying to save you pain, here’s the article: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-this-weekend/

“No fewer than seven transportation disruptions in Seattle make this a great weekend to explore your own neighborhood.

Some closures conflict with Mariners baseball traffic Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon, as well as Sounders soccer Saturday afternoon. But the Huskies and Seahawks football teams, which draw larger crowds, are out of town, and dry weekends to pour concrete won’t last forever.

Montlake Bridge will close all weekend, from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, while contractors replace mechanical drawspan parts. A sidewalk will remain available for walking and bicycling. Buses will detour via University Bridge, a slower route that Seattle Department of Transportation eased somewhat by striping a red bus lane on Northeast Campus Parkway westbound.

The southbound I-5 mainline through Sodo will close again after an eight-week reprieve, from I-90 to the Spokane Street exit, at 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, as workers begin to install new expansion joints between freeway decks.

Southbound traffic will be funneled through downtown Seattle via collector-distributor lanes, off to the right, then reenter the mainline’s right edge. Downtown exits remain open. After the sporting events, the onramp from I-90 (near Edgar Martinez Drive) to southbound I-5 will be temporarily open.

Meanwhile, the I-5 express lanes will close from 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday to replace 26 broken concrete panels between Yesler Way and Northgate, said spokesperson Tom Pearce of the Washington State Department of Transportation.

That timing fits with the fact express lanes can’t be used southbound anyway, because of the Sodo closures. But northbound drivers also lose capacity.

“There’s never a really good weekend to do these projects, but we need to get them done,” Pearce said.

The Highway 99 tunnel will close both directions from 10 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Saturday for maintenance.

Considering transit? Sound Transit light rail will be cut off between Rainier Beach and Tukwila International Boulevard stations all day Sunday for track replacement. Train riders passing through, including people heading to and from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, must switch to shuttle buses, going every 10 minutes through the closed area.

Why not continue the shuttles all the way to the airport? Pierce Transit, which provides the shuttle buses, is short of transit operators, said Sound Transit spokesperson John Gallagher. To assure frequent trips, they’ll turn back at Tukwila rather than travel 4 more miles to complete the round-trip to Sea-Tac”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 06:06 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Will there be rain? It sounds like a perfect weekend for some rain.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:45 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Thank you for the heads up. Got my end of summer backpack trip in last week so this weekend I’m sticking close to home!

Old 09-10-2021, 10:41 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Deleted

Last edited by pnwguy2; 09-10-2021 at 10:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area