Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 03:20 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,862,623 times

Advertisements

I had no problem getting into dive bars and restaurants with no vax, but still good to see the scam really getting over this time:

https://twitter.com/komonews/status/1494057295000473600

Old 02-16-2022, 04:27 PM

15,873 posts, read 6,573,652 times
COVID-19 doesn't care what you think of it.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:30 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,142,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
COVID-19 doesn't care what you think of it.
These vaccine requirements almost had no impact on the spread of covid especially during Omicron.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:46 PM

15,873 posts, read 6,573,652 times
Well I look forward to the mask requirements being dropped and hope we're done with the surges.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:06 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,679,548 times
I'm glad. Takes the pressure off of us at work.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I'm glad. Takes the pressure off of us at work.
I have noticed the closest you are to Seattle or Bellevue the most enforced this is. But if you go to more remote areas, nobody cares.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:21 PM

1,369 posts, read 715,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
These vaccine requirements almost had no impact on the spread of covid especially during Omicron.
I’ve proven that this is misleading, multiple times.

Vaccination has an easily measurable downward impact on transmission, which is critical to the decision making process of our health administration.

Misleading to get your point across is bad. Be truthful.

omission (failing to mention the absolutely essential function that vaccination has played on reducing hospitalization…) less bad, but if you were truly interested in helping your community against the pandemic, you’d have mentioned that.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I’ve proven that this is misleading, multiple times.

Vaccination has an easily measurable downward impact on transmission, which is critical to the decision making process of our health administration.

Misleading to get your point across is bad. Be truthful.

omission (failing to mention the absolutely essential function that vaccination has played on reducing hospitalization…) less bad, but if you were truly interested in helping your community against the pandemic, you’d have mentioned that.
You can look at the numbers yourself between places that had these requirements and places that didn't. That's all that matters at the end. Real data, not computer models. We live a in real world, not in a computer world.

Old 02-16-2022, 06:15 PM

1,369 posts, read 715,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
You can look at the numbers yourself between places that had these requirements and places that didn't. That's all that matters at the end. Real data, not computer models. We live a in real world, not in a computer world.
Actually, if a few million people were convinced to get vaccinated by the various mandates, considering that we know the reduced rate of transmission from vaccines, you don’t need a flawed study based purely on correlation, which can never prove causation.

I would have to compare the results between folks who got vaccinated due to mandates and folks who chose to remain unvaxxed to determine whether the requirements had an effect. Not geographical regions and all their confounding data.

What about the demographics? The types of jobs? The list is endless. Like, is there an international airport in Idaho? What’s the highest area of density? What’s the weather? How does all that compare to Washington, and how do I account for that in your flawed study. What about when the people were vaccinated? What about the difference between regulations and self isolation.

And on and on.

Just accept that scientists know how to design studies better than you, and they tend to do it without your agenda in mind. That’s why, thank god, we have responsible people with actual degrees doing the work they do, and the laws and constitution to back them up.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:24 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,277,247 times
I'm all for vaccine and mask mandates, non-essential stuff closing, and whatever other public health/safety restrictions- if we have a deadly plague running amok. Emphasis on if, and deadly.

I caught Omicron last month (despite being vaccinated, though it was over 6 months old and I was not boosted, so prob didn't do much), and it was like having a bad cold/mild flu for 2 days, then I was fine. An unvaccinated friend of mine also caught it and had a similarly mild case. That experience to me just... seemed so disproportionate to all of this endless hoopla.

I'm pro-science, pro- all that stuff, not anti-any of it, but there comes a time when it's time to go back to normal, and we are there. 2020 was a lot of unknowns, and people were dying, and appropriately reacting to that made sense. Seemingly endless hysteria over what has now apparently devolved into not much more than a bad cold, does not make sense to me. We've always had things going around that were as bad or worse than this strain, and it never prevented normal society before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area