Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 10:54 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times

Advertisements

So if you guys had to pick ONE Italian restaurant in Seattle, which one would it be? My wife and I enjoy fine Italian food and have been to many so far. Our pick of the best is La Fontana down on at 120 Blanchard in downtown Seattle. It's a quaint restaurant with excellent food! Simply the best chicken parm on the planet. Also enjoy their desserts. Love that the owners usually are there on hand and will come over for a nice greet and chat.

Honorable mention goes to Asaggio. Owner is also very nice and food is wonderful. Tried Spinasse and it was good but not fantastic. Think we may have caught them on a bad day and it was right after the COVID lockdown. Might try them again in the future.

What is your favorite Italian joint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2022, 11:22 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,832 times
Ooh, so many to choose from (and I'll mention Machiavelli & La Spiga here) but if I'm playing the game and have to pick just one Italian restaurant in Seattle it would be The Pink Door.

Old 08-20-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Ooh, so many to choose from (and I'll mention Machiavelli & La Spiga here) but if I'm playing the game and have to pick just one Italian restaurant in Seattle it would be The Pink Door.

I went to The Pink Door 25 years ago and it was amazing. These days, it's difficult to get in as reservations fill up quickly. But it's on the list!

Old 08-20-2022, 01:55 PM

299 posts, read 224,826 times
My absolute favorite place for Italian was Pasta Bella in Ballard. Actually lived in the upstairs apartments and made good friends with the employees to the point they fed poor me post-college some of the best Italian food imaginable! Simple but true Italian food that you usually can't find in the pacific northwest.

NoLIta: https://www.nolitasea.com/

The old owners left and have been replaced by a new ownership trio which includes one of my favorite servers so much of the old restaurant is still present. The Gnocchi Pomodoro was my favorite at PAsta Bella and it looks like it's on the old menu as well so I think the place got a much needed upgrade (it was pretty OLD school haha) but has kept the essence with a fresh and modernized take.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:37 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,749 times
"Unfine" Italian, not far from Seattle. Highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Italian Restaurant in Seattle?-og.jpg  

Old 08-20-2022, 03:44 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Pink Door definitely, great food and vibe with the music and entertainers. We like Bizarro in Wallingford a lot too. I love the atmosphere and a number of dishes at Vito's on Cap Hill too. I just pulled it up and it looks like they are closed temporarily. Anybody know what's going on there? Also, check out Pizzeria Pulcinelli in Rainier Beach. Not fancy but very good Neapolitan pizzas and some tasty food.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:59 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
In my next life: Take my girl to the theater, dinner at the Assaggio, and overnight at the Andra.

The Assaggio , is next to boutique Hotel Andra (very good, reasonably priced in the Seattle's Hotel discount months) which has the Tom Douglas's "Hot Stove Society" cooking school and cooking event upstairs. The lounge area of the Hot Stove Society and the cookbook library is fantastic.
YMMV

Old 08-22-2022, 07:41 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,923,610 times
We haven't been yet but some folks in our building rave about II Terrazzo Carmine.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
In my next life: Take my girl to the theater, dinner at the Assaggio, and overnight at the Andra.

The Assaggio , is next to boutique Hotel Andra (very good, reasonably priced in the Seattle's Hotel discount months) which has the Tom Douglas's "Hot Stove Society" cooking school and cooking event upstairs. The lounge area of the Hot Stove Society and the cookbook library is fantastic.
YMMV
Yes love Assagio! It’s also a block away from Jazz Alley. That’s a fantastic date night combo!

Old 08-22-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
We haven't been yet but some folks in our building rave about II Terrazzo Carmine.
So get this. My wife and I went there just as it was reopening from COVID lockdown. We had a splendid meal there and at the end of the meal, the waiter comes over and says “your meal is on the house. The owner has a wealthy friend who prefers to remain anonymous and he is buying free meals for all customers the entire evening.” I kid you not! The waiter asked that we refrain from telling the customers sitting next to you that their meals will also be free so not to ruin the surprise. It was quite a magnificent gesture to say the least!

Jokingly I told my wife to scan the restaurant to look for Gates or Bezos because that cumulative bill would not be cheap considering the average tab is north of 150 bucks if paired with a nice bottle of wine.

That aside, it’s a nice restaurant.

Last edited by pete98146; 08-22-2022 at 10:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: