Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 04:38 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,881 times

Advertisements

I read in another thread that Macy's and Nordstrom was closed down?
The wife and I will be on vacation on the End of October and were planning out our Pike's market visit. Last time when we were on vacation. We Parked at Macy's in the Garage and walked down to Pike's Market.
Is that still in use as a parking Garage?
Thank you for your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 05:34 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
Hi Scott,
Hey do you know where you are staying at?
If your staying close just Uber it.
If you are staying on the peninsula park at the ferry terminal on the island and ride the ferry as a walk on.
That’s what we like to do.

There is a bunch of construction going on at the waterfront so driving there isn’t much fun.
I don’t know the area well enough to offer parking advice.
I do know of a parking garage that is near Ivar’s going up the hill but I don’t know if has much available for the general public.

Good luck and let us know if you find any easy parking .

Old 09-23-2022, 05:35 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,910,334 times
The Macy's closed and the building was taken over by Amazon, but the Nordstrom store is still open as usual.

I have typically parked in the Pacific Place garage so I can't speak to the availability of the former Macy's garage. There are plenty of garages though and you shouldn't have difficulty finding one with a spot in late October if you are willing to pay.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:42 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
Yep, agreed, the Pacific Place garage is easy and close to Pike Place Market.

There are also several surface pay lots on 1st Ave in Belltown, and there's a Pike Place Market garage down on Western I believe. I've never used that one, but I see lots of folks driving in and out.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:31 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
I agree with jabo. I’d use the one just below the market on Western, easy access. Here’s the link: https://www.pikeplacemarket.org/parking-directions/

Old 09-24-2022, 12:03 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
https://downtownseattle.org/parking/
https://www.soundtransit.org/ride-with-us/parking
YMMV

Old 09-24-2022, 03:38 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Stay at the Four Seasons. All issues resolved.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Hi Scott,
Hey do you know where you are staying at?
If your staying close just Uber it.
If you are staying on the peninsula park at the ferry terminal on the island and ride the ferry as a walk on.
That’s what we like to do.

There is a bunch of construction going on at the waterfront so driving there isn’t much fun.
I don’t know the area well enough to offer parking advice.
I do know of a parking garage that is near Ivar’s going up the hill but I don’t know if has much available for the general public.

Good luck and let us know if you find any easy parking .
Thank you MechAndy for the information, it helps a lot.
We are staying at the Navy Lodge in Everett. So will be driving down.
Will keep the garage near Ivar's as a possibility. Its all good!!

Old 09-26-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
The Macy's closed and the building was taken over by Amazon, but the Nordstrom store is still open as usual.

I have typically parked in the Pacific Place garage so I can't speak to the availability of the former Macy's garage. There are plenty of garages though and you shouldn't have difficulty finding one with a spot in late October if you are willing to pay.
Thank you fnh for the information. Will keep the Pacific Place Gage in mind, and look into Nordstrom's,
as a possibility. Good information!

Old 09-26-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Yep, agreed, the Pacific Place garage is easy and close to Pike Place Market.

There are also several surface pay lots on 1st Ave in Belltown, and there's a Pike Place Market garage down on Western I believe. I've never used that one, but I see lots of folks driving in and out.
Thank you jabogitlu good information on the pay lots on 1st Ave in Belltown and the Pike Place Market garage on Western or near there. Hope visitor crowd's are not too big for this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: